⤷ eleven

"Sam and Dean can kiss my ass, " snickered the almond-eyed woman as they successfully tricked a police officer into believing she was an intern

"Sam and Dean can kiss my ass, " snickered the almond-eyed woman as they successfully tricked a police officer into believing she was an intern. Her emotion was limited to cheerful whispers, or as happy as they could be during their condition. Thing was, Artemisia Robin was raised to be quite optimistic, always looking at the bright side of situations even when they were awfully bad. "That was easier than I expected."

Dick grunted, directing the route towards the suspicious crime scene that caused their unexpected stop. He recognized it had to do with Rachel and that African American woman who engaged with every effort they made. But apparently, the tables had turned, and it was the duo pursuing her. "Keep quiet, you'll only bring attention to yourself," she nodded, wishing to avoid hearing his voice when he was irritated. "And let me handle the talking, I'm a professional."

She mocked him behind his back, finding this childish behavior the best remedy to deal with his negativity. Arms folded over her chest and maintaining a straight face, she tailed him towards the burnt area of the gas station. Her gaze drifted over the crisp edges of the structure, wondering how someone could set a restroom on fire. Clearly, it wasn't combustion of the gases but work from an external force.

A haul in her gut advised her this was no human doing, something far beyond their understanding had been the motive.

Leaving her no time to theorize what was responsible for this setting, Dick instructed her to move somewhere else. Her eyes glued to the ashy floor as they reached their next picture. The forensics carried a blistered corpse, the skin melted to the bones, face unrecognizable. She grimaced at the sight, an impulse to retch coming to her system, escorted by the painful reminder of their fight. Massaging her neck, she gestured the Detective to resume his search.

After taking one last glimpse, he circled the officers, hurrying his gaze around to verify no one was paying attention to their movements. Though following him, Robin tried to maintain some independence and not seem sloppy, the last thing they needed were entertained eyes watching her.

In a blink, Dick had infiltrated the small store, scanning for the office. Skipping distance on her strides, she copied his stealthy moves and sneaked inside. The private room had the door unlocked, inviting them to come in. While he directed straight to the computer, she hung near the entrance, keeping an eye out for any visitors. "What're you doing?"

Concentrated on the task, he consented himself to get distracted in order to reply, allowing the computer to continue his work. "I'm downloading the security footage of the incident. Like I said, it can't be a coincidence."

A weak beep sounded from his USB drive once the content had duplicated into its memory, a design of green led lights flashed in sync to inform about the completion of the task. Unplugging the device from the computer, Dick hurried towards her, his hand resting on her back as he led the way outside. Robin rushed her pace, catching up with his speed, giving no complaint about the hand gently pushing her forward.