⤷ twelve

The convent was exactly how you saw it in the movies, statues of some saint every one meter, tinted glass on the windows, that uneasy quietness that brings chills to your spine

The convent was exactly how you saw it in the movies, statues of some saint every one meter, tinted glass on the windows, that uneasy quietness that brings chills to your spine. And not to mention the lingering scent of burning candles and incense that entered through your nose and stuck to your recognition forever.

Artemisia Robin did not like that odor at all, it made her itch into her pharynx, an unbearable irritation she could not scratch. She assumed it was the lack of naturalization of said smell for she had not grown up in a Christian family, or religious in any kind. She was raised to find her own beliefs that motivated her through life and filled her young, beating heart. She was still to find her faith, after years of struggling, but she was sure, white-washed Catholicism was not going to be it; a group of people praising a European version of their believed savior was not very inviting to her.

When Dick walked into the chapel after Rachel, she decided to stay behind and not interrupt any kind of belief these people had. Apparently, so had Kory. They both stood close to the door, waiting for them to come out after the calm chatter they were to have.

One had her arms wrapped around the oversized clothes she wore, her hair pulled into a lazy ponytail, legs resting comfortably as she leaned against the cold wall of the religious building. The other rocked a metallic fuchsia minidress, her flamboyant natural hair dyed pink calling the attention, her legs crossed over one another, displaying her heels. Both her hands laid on her side, long nails tapping on the panels behind her, recreating a famous rhythm.

It had been over fifteen minutes and neither had let out a word, sticking to the irking quietness set by the Sisters. Their eyes followed a youthful woman dressed in these orthodox clothes they were forced to wear, clutching a cross as she passed the pair, avoiding even glance at the African American woman and her particular clothing.

Rolling her emerald eyes at another wordless judgment, Kory folded her arms over her exposed chest. She found interest in the smaller woman beside her, who closed her body as a sign of shyness and lack of social skills. In her strange gaze, this was intriguing. It only made her want to wreck those walls and find out more about an opposite persona. "So, you've got powers?"

Artemisia felt insignificant the second Kory fired that question, her strong gaze intimidating her furthermore. Shuddering some confidence back into her core, Robin looked back at the woman, a cool grin molded on her face. "Yeah, still trying to figure them out, y'know," they both hummed in understatement, darting their gazes for a second before meeting again, "yours started the fire in the gas station?"

Kory smiled at the memory, her pupils unfocusing for a blink as she relived the moment. She then nodded, affirming her brave actions against that psychopathic family.

Robin complimented in a teenage way, her actions. Feeling that childish side of hers repressed, she smiled again, the haze in her eyes changing completely, as though it was a different person. "Thanks for saving Rachel."