⤷ fifteen

"Like this?" Rachel asked between happy gasps, her palm manifesting a small portion of her powers

"Like this?" Rachel asked between happy gasps, her palm manifesting a small portion of her powers. A dark thread danced over her skin, treated with caution, preventing any type of action. Robin's eyes followed the waltzing darkness, admiring the beauty of chaos. She closed her own hand, shutting down the warm glow that illuminated their isolated table.

"Just like that," she congratulated, watching her take her powers back with ease. They shot a look around, fearing anyone would see them. "It's just a matter of practice, you start small, and before you know it, you're mastering your potential."

Rachel summoned the weathered energy, admiring it once again. Artemisia could notice the proud smile on her face, resembling an old image of herself when she was getting started. "You're the best teacher ever. Thank you."

Taken by surprise, the girl's arms embraced her, pulling her close. She blinked a few times, pushing the shock away. Seconds later, she returned the hug, connecting with her past self, patting her back. "How about I get us more food, huh?"

Accepting the offer, Rachel let go of the woman, allowing her to fetch some treats. Walking confidently towards the bending machine, she passed by Gar, who took the opportunity to approach Rachel. She shot him a playful glare, chuckling at his initial reaction.

Her feet continued to lead the way forward, her path soon to cross with Dick and Kory's, who stood by the main door, having some serious chat by the expression in their faces. She parted her lips to speak, ask if everything was alright. Those concerned words stuck on her tongue when the man moved closer to her, his voice low. "Hey, can I talk to you?"

She glances at Kory in desperation, wishing to receive a relieving answer from her. She got a simple shrug. Still skeptic, she replied, "sure."

Taking her agreement, he grabbed her by the elbow, pulling her at safe distance from the group. The motel's light barely reached their bodies, only half their faces visible under the darkening sky. She shoved both hands into the pockets of her pants, waiting to hear what Dick had to say, a bit unnerved by his long face.

From his jeans, he seized a small, bright pink paper moved in front of her eyes, red scribbles passing as a blur. Yet, it was enough for her to recognize. "What is this?" She gulped, remaining silent. Dick pulled the notorious note out of sight. "I've seen you leave these around since we left the station. Who are you trying to contact? Are you with that crazy family? Was it all a trick?"

"What? No," her hand angrily snatched her belonging from his grip, crumbling it with strength controlled by her emotions. Robin was outraged, feeling the need to punch something, thus the fists clenched on both her sides. She had stood by his side whenever he judged someone, even if there wasn't a total agreement, but now that the light shone on her, she promised to never do it again. Some of these assumptions were bullshit. "I'm not going to leave a clue every place we go to. There's certain rules to make them seem invisible. And only we know them."