Act 5 - Gorou's last words (Mention of Suicide)

Scaramouche and Kazuha were sitting in Tohma's living room, waiting for Tohma to come out of the kitchen. After 3 minutes of silence, Tohma finally walked out with a tray of hot tea and some biscuits on a plate. Tohma placed the tray on the coffee table as he sat down.

"Feel free to make yourself home, and grab a cup of tea if you're thirsty," Tohma brightly smiled.

"Will do," Kazuha spoke.

"So, what brings you here?" Tohma asked.

"Not much, just meeting you to clear things off our minds," Scaramouche replied.

"Ah, I see.. Perhaps, wanna talk about Inazuma since we're all from there." Tohma said.

"Sure, what's there to talk about anyway?" Scaramouche said.

"Well, I had this friend named Gorou and we were like really close," Tohma sighed as he sipped his tea.

"Gorou, I used to be his friend too," Kazuha calmly spoke.

"Oh yes, the one Gorou wouldn't shut up about after a month you two met." Tohma giggled.

"He talked about me?" Kazuha said in shock.

"Yeah, he was head over heels for you," Tohma sighed, "He just slowly became less interesting as his topics were just about you and him."

"Oof, I'm sorry to hear that.. I guess that's what ruined your friendship?" Kazuha said.

"..." Scaramouche awkwardly listened.

"We were dry after you two dated for 3 months, but words cannot explain the tragedy right after," Tohma suddenly spoke, changing into a serious tone.

"I.. He.. He told you?" Kazuha whimpered.

"Yes, I heard every detail he saw you with some other man," Tohma growled.

"It was a misunderstanding.. I never thought of making out with him." Kazuha panicked.

"But you did it, and that's what made Gorou.. Kill himself." Tohma silently spoke.

"What the fu- Kazuha you drove someone to suicide?" Scaramouche asked.

"It's not like that! I tried to talk to him, but he would shut me out!" Kazuha semi-yelled.

"Gorou's last words made me felt depressed for like.. a month straight," Tohma wailed.

"W-what was his final words, can I know?" Kazuha asked.

"It was in an envelope, he gave me one to give to you," Tohma said.

"B-but how'd you find me?" Kazuha asked.

"In the envelope that was meant for me, Gorou explained that you were most likely going to a specific high school in Liyue once you fled, so I moved there and waited until you came," Tohma said.

"Why did Gorou still wanted you to come after me.. I feel so bad now," Kazuha moped, slowly sobbing.

"It's fine Kazuha, the past is the past.. We need to look forward." Scaramouche supported, caressing Kazuha's hand.

"You've never been through a break-up before, so don't speak!" Kazuha sobbed.

"Ah, you're having a breakdown.. I guess I'll keep quiet." Scaramouche sighed.

"I'll leave you to be as I find the envelope," Tohma awkwardly said, walking off.

As Scaramouche hugged Kazuha, Tohma came back shortly with a well-kept envelope. Tohma handed the envelope to Kazuha once he sat down. Kazuha carefully takes the envelope and examines the nearly written handwriting from Gorou. The front read "for Kazuha," which led to a wax stamp that had an initial stamp of a maple leaf imprinted on it.

"You should open it," Scaramouche said, feeling bored.

"O-okay," Kazuha smiled, feeling all kinds of emotions inside him.

Kazuha carefully opens the envelope, to find some folded papers stuck together. Kazuha pulled out the first paper and unfolds it.

Paper 1
"Dear Kazuha, I know you're out there with that new lover of yours. I just wanted to say how happy I am for you, finding the man of your dreams. Ahah, I wish it could've been me, but I've always thought you've deserved someone better than me. You're perfect in every way, no wonder why you cheated on me. I was probably some useless scumbag next to you, as I watched you reach the peak with your fighting combats in becoming a  stronger samurai for your clan. I am so happy I got to be your pillar of support when you went through tough times."

Paper 2
"I am so happy that you've fallen for me.. But unfortunately I knew it was going to end someday. I dealt with the depression for a week straight, going to Tohma's house and crying for hours as he tried to support me. He'd told me he would try to kill you, but I convinced him not to. I know I did shut you out when you tried to talk with me, but I thought it was the best if you just forgot about me and continued onwards to life. Kazuha, falling for me was all I could've asked for, and I've got it. I am very satisfied with my wish, so please don't worry about me."

Final paper
"You're probably crying or just not giving two fucks about this letter I wrote for you, but remember that.. I'll always love you. I just want you to be safe and happy and don't commit suicide like I did. If you're going through a hard time, I'll always watch you, just like I did when I watched you train. Please, all I wish for now is for you to stay strong and happy. I'll be watching you grow up till the end. My time has come as I don't have anymore space or paper.. But, I'll always be watching over you.
Signed, Gorou."

Kazuha's hands were uncomfortably shaking as many tears rolled down his cheeks. Scaramouche was feeling upset because Kazuha was, but he couldn't do much to make his friend happy. Tohma sat there in silence, staring at the small flowers floating on his tea. Scaramouche sat there, telling Kazuha it's okay and slowly rubbing his back in circular motion. After an hour of sobbing, Kazuha felt too tired to sob anymore longer and decided to sleep. Scaramouche sighed as he picked up Kazuha with his weak arms.

Scaramouche waved goodbye towards Tohma and went back to his dorm to put Kazuha back to bed. After all of that was done, he went to check for notifications on his phone just to find a message from Aether again.

Editor's comment (24/8/22)
The fuck did I just make 💀