Act 12 - A start of Shattered Promises

Scaramouche woke up from the refracted light coming from the window that was heating up his face. He was grumpy and moody since it was time for school.

"It's Monday today," Scaramouche thought to himself, "where's Kazuha?"

Scaramouche went to the kitchen to find Kazuha, who was nowhere to be seen. In the end, he got ready and headed out the door.

"He probably left without me, I'm already 2 hours late to school," Scaramouche muttered to himself, "But he should've woken me up like usual."

Scaramouche was at the school gates as he came across his 2 besties. Childe gave him a small wave with a concerned smile. Signora said hi as she was busy glaring to the left. Scaramouche was curious what Signora was distracted by, so he looked too. Both kazuha and Gorou were walking together with a drink, smiling and chatting together. Scaramouche was shocked, then he felt a wave of depression hit him.

"So... He went to the cafe with Gorou?" Scaramouche muttered to himself.

"Huh, you didn't know?" Signora asked.

"Did you know?" Scaramouche asked.

"Yeah, I saw them in the cafe together at 6 am, but this explains why you weren't with them," Signora said.

"He didn't wake me up like usual, isn't that a bit strange?" Scaramouche said.

"Huh, that's very sus if you ask me," Childe said.

"Well anyways, break just started and why are you so late?" Signora asked.

"Because Kazuha is normally my personal alarm clock since I'm too lazy to set the alarm on my phone," Scaramouche smirked.

"Wow, you lazy kid," Signora eye-rolled.

"Yahoo!" Venti cheered, forcefully dragging Xiao along.

"Hey, Venti.. What's up?" Scaramouche greeted.

"I saw something fishy between Kazuha and Gorou this morning," Venti said.

"What do you mean?" Childe asked.

"So Xiao and I were having our breakfast at the cafe, right?" Venti said.

"Right," Xiao muttered.

"But I saw Kazuha feeding Gorou some cake, it seems a bit gay if you ask me," Venti giggled.

"Aren't you gay yourself-" Scaramouche asked.

"NOPE, I'M VERY STRAIGHT!" Venti yelled.

"Damn, I guess I'll move onto someone new," Xiao teased.

"Well, except for Xiao.. I'm only gay for him!" Venti admitted, blushing.

"Yeah, you better," Xiao huffed.

"Damn, all of you guys are so gay, I don't want to look anymore," Signora joked.

"You should be gay with us-" Childe offered.

"No, I'll pass," Signora smirked. They all giggled and laughed for 10 minutes, teasing one another and saying random things.

"Ah, thank you guys for making my day better," Scaramouche smiled.

"That's why we're your friend," Venti said.

"Well, you're too disgusting to be my friend," Signora smirked.

"ME?" Venti screamed.

"Yeah, you," Signora admitted.

"Well I hope you choke on your spoon next time," Venti joked.

Scaramouche listened to his friends insult one another, feeling like today wasn't going to be that bad. Someone's hands suddenly wrapped. around Scaramouche's waist, causing Scaramouche to shudder.

"Hey Scaramouche," Kazuha smiled.

Scaramouche looked at the expression on his friends' faces turn from happiness to disgust. Venti and Xiao obviously had no idea what was going on, but they just went with it because they didn't want to be excluded. Scaramouche wriggled away from Kazuha's grip and ran behind Signora, peeking his head out with a glare.

"Huh.. Are you guys okay?" Kazuha asked.

"You know what you did this morning with Gorou," Signora sharply snapped.

"So? Gorou and I were just eating and?" Kazuha said.

"You're dating Gorou, duh!" Childe said, eye-rolling.

"I.. Huh?" Kazuha said."Well, it seems like your breakfast with Gorou is way more important than hanging out with me," Scaramouche wailed.

"No.. I never meant it like that.. Besides I did set your alarm up," Kazuha said.

"Well I slept through the alarm because I need my morning kis-" Scarammouceh said.

"What, you guys kiss?" Childe asked.

"Uh.. I mean a kazoo session thing that Kazuha makes me listen to every morning!" Scaramouche rambled on, lying.

"Damn, must've been ear rape for you to the point you can't go back to sleep," Childe smiled.

Signora shot him a nasty look from the amount of gullibility in Childe.

"Childe are you stupid?" Signora asked.

"No, why?" Childe asked.

"Oh my god okay, whatever," Signora muttered.

Childe shrugged the situation off and went to check his watch. Signora looked to her left and continued to glare at Venti since she wasn't fond of him. Venti and Xiao walked away after Kazuha started to have a private talk with Scaramouche.

"I think it's better if we break up."