Chapter 6- Lucas

I had been waiting for Loki to say something ever since what happened with Astraea

I had been waiting for Loki to say something ever since what happened with Astraea. I expected it even more when I saw Lucio's face earlier but he hadn't said a word to me and though he didn't say anything, I felt his disappointment through his silence.

I was disappointed in myself too.

Guilt tugged at my chest whenever I remembered the way I spoke to Astraea. I called her worthless and she didn't even fucking flinch. I hated that. It was like she was immune to any feeling—like she was empty, making me believe that this was something she was use too.

When she opened her mouth about my mother, my head went blank. Everything went silent and all of a sudden I was feeling hate—so much fucking hate. It was the first time I had ever heard anyone mention her since her death. Nobody had talked about her and if they did, it was always good.

Astraea basically spat on her grave.

A loud squeal pulls me away from thoughts, eyebrows furrowing when I hear Eris. "I didn't know you were coming!" She practically shouts but I can hear the smile on her face. I make my way out the kitchen, curious because Eris didn't usually have people over.

A soft laugh has my blood running cold, "I needed help with something, Loki told me to come over." She says as my heart pounds in my chest. Why the fuck was she everywhere? As soon as my feet hit the floor near the front door, my eyes find Astraea smiling down at Eris like she wants to tuck her away and keep her all to herself.

Eris hugs onto her arm, bouncing on her feet like an excited chihuahua, "We should hang out today."

Astraea's eyes flood with amusement, "Yeah? What do you have planned?" She licks her lips and my blood boils at how fucking pretty she is. Eris's cheeks flush at how intensely Astraea stares at her and Astraea smiles, "You're blushing. I knew you were in love with me." She teases, squeezing Eris's chin affectionately.

Eris rolls her eyes, "Loki is upstairs, want me to grab him?" She offers.

Astraea nods, "Yeah, I'll wait here."

Eris only nods before turning around, her eyes finding mine in suprise but she doesn't say anything, only runs up the stairs to go and grab my brother. Slowly, I move my attention back to Astraea—my eyes meeting hers immediately. She's already staring back at me with those empty eyes, every ounce of kindness erased from her pretty face. I didn't understand how people didn't see how fucking soulless she was, there was nothing in those dark arises.

She was merely an empty shell.

I watch as she tilts her head, analyzing me like she's tryna figure out what to do with me. I bite the inside of my cheek, "I'm sorry." I murmur, hands shaking from how anxious I am. I didn't usually apologize to anyone because treating people like shit wasn't really something I made a habit out of.