Chapter 1- Lucas

I've been standing here for at least an hour

I've been standing here for at least an hour. Watching. I watch as the dark silhouette vandalizes the building before her. I watch as she uses a bat to break the windows, uncaring about how loud she is—not that it matters, nobody comes around here until the sun comes up. It was one of my favorite places, simply because it was always quiet and I usually climbed up to the roof to smoke a joint and just watch the sky.

I watch as she crouches down, taking deep breaths to calm down. It seems to me like this is her outlet and I tilt my head, "What are you doing?" I break my silence and though my voice catches her off gaurd, she doesn't flinch or balk—letting me know that she knew I was here the whole time.

She stands up fully, spinning on her white converse to meet my gaze. My breath hitches at the sight of her. Jesus christ.

She wasn't short, She was tall and probably reached my shoulder. Her hair was a dark brown, cropped, and short, framing her pale face perfectly. Her skin was a soft white and she wore an oversized black hoodie—zipped open over her white crop top that showed off her pale smooth stomach. She had a large tattoo that peeked out from the side of her ribs, her sweater covering the rest and a belly button piercing flashing through the night air with black ripped jeans, showing off her thighs that looked like it had been written on with sharpie.

My eyes linger on the jagged scar—in the form of an X that ran down angrily across her left eye, trying to figure out how she got it. She was beautiful. A sight for sore eyes, one that I couldn't look away from and my first thought is damn because trouble never looked so god damn fine.

"Don't ask stupid questions." She responds blandly, "Who're are you?" Her eyes flickering over my features curiously.

I give her blank look, "Who're you?" I retort, repeating her question like a dumbass.

She scrunches her nose, obviously disliking it. "You looking for a fight? If so, let's get this shit over with." She states, lazily.

I blank for a moment. What the fuck. Was she fucking crazy? It's only when she reaches for the bat standing against the wall do I realize she's fucking nuts. "Holy shit." I breathe, "I'm not looking for a fight you psycho, put that down!" I practically hiss through my teeth.

She falters, "You're lying."

Then she raises her bat and swings, "Fuck!" I jump away, almost tripping over my feet as it barely misses my stomach. "Are you out of your fucking mind?" I yell, my heart thudding in my chest.

She frowns, "You're been watching me for an hour, maybe more." She growls, "You either came looking for me or you're a fucking creep." She admonishes, using her bat to push at my shoulder but then she drops it and just when I think she's about to leave me alone, I feel something sharp and cold touch my throat.