Chapter 21- Lucas

"Have you seen Astraea?" I straighten up immediately at the sound of her name, my attention going straight to my best friend who looks like he hasn't slept in days

I shake out of my daze, "Not since Friday," I respond, "Why? What's going on?" My stomach clenches with worry as I wait for him to respond, my eyes wander over his features and realize whatever he's going to tell me isn't good.

Milan's eyes close for a split second, "She hasn't been home since Friday. Nobody has been able to reach her neither." He tells me, my heart freezes in my chest.

I swallow thickly, "I have her phone."

Anger clouds his features, "Why the hell do you have it? I've been trying to contact her all weekend." His teeth clench, eyes burning with fire but I could care less about his anger when I'm worried about Astraea.

"She forgot it." Is all I say, my eyes searching the hall for Loki as I follow him into the classroom only to find her already sitting in her seat. I pause on my feet confused, "Were you trying to scare me?" I ask him, annoyed.

Milan's freezes next to me just as confused as I am but he says nothing before storming over to her, angry as ever. "Do you think it's funny?" He growls out, "To scare us? To make my mom worry?" I wince as the words leave his mouth. "We've been worried sick about you, Astraea!" His voice shakes but then his shoulders drop with relief when it hits him that she's safe, "Where have you been? Are you okay?"

I finally look at her, my heart dropping to my stomach when I see those eyes. There's no thought behind them, she doesn't even look like she hears Milan. She isn't even looking at him as she nods, her mind far away from whatever he's saying. Her eyes are bloodshot red and her skin is sickly pale with bags under her eyes that makes it look like she hasn't slept in days.

My brows crease when I stare at her longer. Was she fucking high? My stomach churns because Astraea told me she didn't do drugs.

"Astraea." I call out, catching her attention once more when she dazes off again. I reach out to touch her and she flinches, my heart stops dead in my chest as she breaks into tears. My strong girl who doesn't cry in front of anyone starts to cry her heart out in front of the whole class, her sobs quiet the class.

I watch as she reaches up to cover her ears, closing her eyes as if trying to block something out. Milan grows worried, "Astraea?" He whispers, his hands shaking as reaches out to hold her but the touching triggers her.

She jumps out her seat, her whole body strung tight with fear, an emotion I almost never see. I don't even recognize her as she scans her surroundings. It's me who grabs her this time and goosebump's rise along the skin of my body as she starts to scream and thrash in my arms but I don't let go, rushing her out the classroom with Milan following me.