Chapter 12- Lucas

I feel sick to my stomach as I continue to stare at the woman on the ground, I couldn't even see her really—not when everything was caked in blood

I feel sick to my stomach as I continue to stare at the woman on the ground, I couldn't even see her really—not when everything was caked in blood. Was I fucking dream? What the fuck happened? My eyes find Astraea whose watching my reaction anxiously, biting her nails as she waits. 

"Astraea, who is this?" I croak, my chest heavy.

Her eyes darken, "Why?"

Unseasy, I look around and try to think of a place we can hide her before they put Astraea away for this and I don't want that. Despite all this shit, I don't find myself wanting to run from her. "How long has she been here?" We didn't have anything to bury her with and her blood was everywhere, she fucking stunk and my stomach was growing weaker at the stench.

"A couple of hours." She mumbles, a frown on her pretty face.

My eyes flicker down to her hands where the lighter lays, "What if someone saw her?"

Astraea licks her lips, "Then they saw her," She shrugs, "Doubt it though, the cops would've raided this place if they knew." Her brows furrow, "Maybe we should throw her body over a bridge." She tilts her head in thought, "I can always burn her." It's then in this exact moment that I realize Astraeas mind was alot darker than I anticipated.

She was going to burn in hell and I was going to burn with her.

I was the fuel. She was the fire.

There was a monster in there—one that she learned to control until today. "It'll take a couple of hours for her to burn into nothing." I inform, rubbing my nose as I contemplate this. A fire would get rid of everything but the ash and if we threw her over a bridge, she'd eventually sink but not for a very long time, anyone would spot her floating.

"Burn her." I finally decide, eyes bouncing everywhere incase someone jumps out. "I'll wait it out."

Astraea bites her lip, "It'll spread." She murmurs, "We need to put her in something so it doesn't spread." 

My jaw clenches, "Go home." I whisper, "You've done enough." My eyes fall down to the women's body for the hundredth time and her soulless eyes send shivers down my spine. She was dead because she said something Astraea didn't like and I was here cleaning up her mess, it's not that I'm upset. It's that I don't want her to think that this is okay because it isn't, I need her to know that this is wrong.

Astraea looks at me as if I slapped her, "I'm staying." She sneers, anger burning in those dead eyes.

My hand latches onto her jaw tightly and I yank her over to me so that she meets my stare dead on, "Go home." I snarl, "Because if I have to drag your ass back home, you'll hate me." I soften my hold on her, "Do you understand?"

She stares at me blankly before her hand meets my face with a harsh slap that has my head dizzying for a moment, "I'll do whatever the fuck I want." She breathes harshly, "Get off me before I fucking kill you." I don't and so she pushes against my chest, "I already hate you." She trembles as she stares at all the emotions splayed on my face.