Chapter 15- Astraea

There's two boys and a girl staring back at me when I wake up

There's two boys and a girl staring back at me when I wake up. Two very young boys and a very young girl that I don't do anything but blink at them, confused to where they came from as I take in my surroundings.

"Who are you?" The curly headed boy asks, staring at me curiously as I sit up to stretch.

The other boy perks up with a huge smile, "Are you Lucas's girlfriend?" He wonders and I take note of my lighter in his hand.

My eyes move over to the girl who hasn't said anything, she just stares at me with furrowed brows in recognition and I smile awkwardly. Remember me?" I watch her eyes light up, "Yeah, small world." I mutter because it seemed everyone knew about me but me.

I recognized the kid from my old neighborhood, she was a shy little thing but that didn't stop her from being a fucking thief. I glance back at my lighter, I bet she's the who gave that to him. "You're my moms friend, right?" She says innocently and I feel like a piece of shit because her mother was twice my age, the only thing we had in common were drugs.

I sold them and she bought them.

I look at the little girl again, "I'd like my lighter back." Is all I say and she purses her lips and snatches it out of the boys hands before hesitantly passing it over to me.

I hear the door open from behind me, "What are you three doing in my room?" Lucas's deep voice rings out but I don't bother offering him a glance.

Lucas was too deep in, I hated how he was practically imbedded in my fucking skin. I broke down in his arms and let him see me fall apart when I never let anyone see me like that. My chest aches because I didn't even let Kaila see me like that—not even when she begged me.

Something claws at the walls of the cage that is my body. I hear the fucking monster laughing at my pain, laughing at my ruin. Cheering in victory when my walls build back up, like now. I'm losing myself, forgetting who I am because he's just to good and I've forgotten that theres no such thing as good—at least not forever.

"Rico out." Lucas voice cuts through my thoughts again and this time I do look at him, only to find him staring back at me with heavy concern.

Rico rolls his eyes but listens, his two friends following him out like lost puppies. When they finally leave, he shuts the door and heads straight for me. "Don't think." His voice is thick with emotion, "Whatever you're thinking, stop right now."

"I can't." I croak.

His eyes clench shut, "Astraea, look at me." He pleads, his voice pained. "I'm right here." He whispers before reaching out to touch me but I flinch away.

"I have to go." Is all I say before standing up.

He's in front of me before I can even blink, "Tell me what happened."