' ' A very warm welcome ' '

Trigger Warning(s) for this chapter!

House fire

~ ~ ~

" Why are people having a campfire in their yard at 2ammmm- " I groaned as I sat up from my bed, sniffing the air as I smelled smoke. I glanced out the window.

' Wait- no one's out in their yards- that means- '

I yelped and quickly stood as I realized, that was my house on fire. I ran downstairs and froze as I saw the bright scorching glow of fire in my kitchen. How did that even happen?? There was no time for questions, I quickly ran upstairs again, grabbing my water bottle and going back downstairs to attempt putting the fire out. It did nothing to halt the flames. I whimpered and ran outside, calling 911 and waiting for them to arrive..

It took them minutes to arrive, but it took seconds for the fire to spread. It had taken over half the house by now as I looked on in horror and devastation, powerless to stop this. The responders ran to put the fire out, managing to get it under control in a matter of minutes. When everything settled down, I backed up until my legs hit a bench I always had sitting in my front yard. I sat down and curled up. What was I gonna do now? I barely had the money to buy enough food for the week, let alone a new house! I sobbed into my knees as I thought about the absolute train wreck of a life was ahead of me.

" The hell are you cryin' about? " I heard a male voice speak beside me. I yelped and rubbed the tears away, looking up at who had spoken.

" U-Uhm- my house-?? " My voice cracked and shook, I looked up at the dark grey and scorched remains of my home and I felt more tears fall from my eyes.  The person sighed and sat down beside me.

" Look, my parents told me to come check on ya, so this isn't something you can get used to- " I tilted my head slightly, trying to glance at him, but my peek was interrupted by him pulling me close to himself, hugging me tight. I paused, then slowly wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back tightly and trying not to start sobbing again. The guy sighed. " Look, I know this is all real devastating n' shit- but listen to me. "

" H-Hm-..? " I gripped his shirt, listening carefully.

" There's probably gonna be somethin' worse that'll happen. So I need ya to calm down, take a deep breath and get passed this. This isn't the end of the world, there are solutions for this. So just- calm down- and things'll work out. K? " He sounded like he was forcing his voice to have an annoyed tone, but behind that it was genuine and- honestly kind of sweet... it calmed me down a little and I nodded.

" M-Mm... w-what's your name...? " I asked quietly, wondering who this guy might be.

" Selever. " He replied simply.

" ..I like that name... my name is Y/N... " I sniffled and rubbed my eyes, attempting to sit up, but Selever didn't let go of me.

" Hm. Nice to meetcha, dipshit. "

" i sAid mY nAme wAs y/N!! " He laughed as I huffed.

" Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Look- since this happened- we can ask my mom and dad if you can stay in the church with us. "

" R-Really? "

" Yeah, why not. I'm sure my mom will be thrilled. "

" O-Okay! Thank you, Selever! " I smiled slightly, hugging him tight again.

" Yeah whatever now let go of me- " He pushed me away a bit and I giggled slightly. " Let's just get going- k? "

3rd Person POV

" Okay! " He stood, and you stood beside him. He started walking down the sidewalk, you close by his side. He glanced down at you and forced himself not to smile slightly. He found it cute that you followed him so close.

You both made it to a huge church, and Selever opened the doors, walking in. He glanced back at you and gestured for you to follow. You hurried over to his side, looking around in awe. Selever chuckled and started walking down a hall.

" Wait for me!! " You called after him, running behind him. He led you down a hall lined with doors with different names on them. He stopped at one that had a sign labelled 'Sarvente'. He knocked on the door and a soft and melodic female voice sounded from inside the room, muffled by the door.

" Coming! " You heard light and swift footsteps approaching the door. A tall woman opened it, wearing a nun outfit with two crosses on the sides of her head. She looked at Selever and smiled, then looked down at you. " Oh! Hello dear! My name's Sarvente, or Sarv! What's your name? "

" Oh- uhm- my name's- Y-Y/N- " You rubbed the back of your neck slightly, glancing away.

" Oh, it's very nice to meet you, Y/N! " Sarv smiled again, and Selever cleared his throat.

" Mom, can Y/N stay with us. They're the kid from down the road. "

" Oh my-... of course you can stay, dear..." She gently pat your head, and you looked up at her.

" Thank you, ma'am-" Sarv giggled.

"Of course! Selever, go make sure they get comfortable, okay?" She looked at her son, who nodded.

" Cmon Y/N, your room can be next to mine. " You nodded and followed him as he walked further down the hall, past a room labelled 'Ruvyzvat' and another labelled 'Rasazy'. You both finally came to one labelled 'Selever', and beside it, a room with no label. Selever walked up to the spot where the label should be, and he literally carved your name in.

" There. Make yourself at home, I don't think you're leaving anytime soon. " Selever chuckled slightly and went into his room, closing and locking the door behind him. You walked into your room, closing the door behind you as well. You sighed, smiling slightly as you glanced around.

" I think this'll be nice... "