" The Gameshow Ghost. "

" What's with the startled looks? "

Y/N and Selever stared up at the ghostly figure that loomed above them. Did they just come out of the wall??

Y/N tried to speak, though their words came out as more of a shudder.

Was this really a damn ghost?

" Who are you-! " Selever managed to yell, hugging Y/N tighter. The ghost tilted their head, lowering down until they were standing on the floor, though they still seemed to float just above it.

" Goodness, no need to yell. My name is Jasper, decider of fates into the afterlife! "

(i promise this isn't me putting myself into the book this is literally a character i made for this story i'm s o sorry if you don't like it *choke*)

" ... so you're the grim reaper? " Y/N asked, practically clinging onto Selever by now. The ghost chuckled, shaking his head.

" No, no. If the Grim Reaper were here, all of us would have bigger problems at the moment. " Jasper spoke, his long, black and white tail swishing behind him.

" So... what are you doing here? " Selever's wings twitched a little as he spoke, refusing to let go of Y/N.

" Well I think you both know the answer to that, " The ghost pointed to the wall behind him, where he had emerged from the glowing writing.

" Oh. " Y/N and Selever both spoke at once, calming down a little.

" I never got either of your names! Mind introducing yourselves to me? " He asked, smiling calmly as his blank, white eyes glowed softly.

" My name's Y/N, and this demon right here is Selever. " Y/N responded, earning a squeeze from their crush.

" I see, I haven't met a demon a long time! I do hope everything is going alright for you. " Jasper fluttered his wings as he spoke.

" Hm... " Y/N thought for a moment.

" Y/N, we are not taking him hom- "

" Why don't you come home with us! Since you're here now! " Y/N smiled brightly. Selever groaned quietly and shook his head. He couldn't say no to Y/N now.

" Oh- are you sure? I do not wish to take up more space than necessary.. " Jasper tilted his head, his halo falling to the side a bit. Y/N nodded quickly, looking up at Selever.

" Pleaseeee? "

The demon sighed, wrapping his wings tightly around Y/N. " Fine. He can come with us. "

Y/N squeezed Selever. " Thank you, Sel! "

Jasper smiled and chuckled slightly.

☯︎    ✞ ☯︎

" So- three demons, in a church, and one of them leads it? And she's Lucifer herself? " Jasper asked once again as Selever explained his family to him.

" Uh-huh. And then there's my dad who's a literal walking earthquake. " Y/N snickered at that.

" Who are you calling an earthquake? " The ground rumbled with the familiar voice of Ruv. Selever and Y/N flinched, turning around and looking up at him.

" Oh! Hey Ruv! We were just explaining things around here to Jasper, here! " Y/N gestured to Jasper, who waved while floating beside them.

" ... this must be a joke. " Ruv said, bleakly.

" What-? No, he's right here- "

" There's no one there, Y/N. "

" Yeah there is, dad, can't you see him? "

" Whatever. You two have fun. " Ruv walked away. Jasper sighed.

" I was foolish to think that my luck would last so long. I'm surprised that you two can see me, but I supposed that's as far as we'll get for now. " He forced s smile. " It's alright, however! At least more than one person can see me! "

Sel and Y/N glanced at each other, then smiled a little, nodding.

" Guess so. "

☯︎    ✞ ☯︎

" Come in, children. " Taki's voice was muffled through her room door. He had gotten her own room since she moved in, and everyone seemed to like having him around. Y/N poked their head in, Jasper looking over their shoulder, one wing unfolding beside him.

" Hi, Taki. Whatcha up to? " Y/N walked over to him. He seemed to have been decorating her room a little. She smiled.

" Simply decorating a bit. " His room had dark, bluish black walls and a dark grey ceiling, with dark wooden floor. There were crosses and things hung up around the room, mostly over his bed. " Whose your friend? "

" O-Oh! Whoops, sorry! My name is Jasper, Jasper Valhelsen. " Jasper was quick to introduce himself. " I do apologize, I sasn't sure you could see me, otherwise I would have introduced myself immediately. "

Taki chuckled slightly. " No worries. My name is Taki. " Jasper nodded, smiling a bit.

Y/N smiled. " I wanted to ask if you knew how to convince Ruv that Jasper here is real, he doesn't believe Sel and I. " They explained, looking up at Taki. She shook her head.

" Unfortunately, Ruv seems to believe what he sees. Maybe in time he'll start to believe in you, Jasper. " Taki nodded to the ghost, who nodded back.

" Okay... thanks anyways, Taki! Good luck with your room! " Y/N smiled as they left the room, Jasper trailing behind. Taki waved and gently closed the door behind them both.

He knew this was the ghost Calvin wanted to summon.

Now the question was...

why this one?

~~~

New friend acquired!

Now I would like to let you guys know about something!
I'm not quitting this book for a long time, in fact I'm gonna end it properly if I do lose motivation.

BUT.

I am going to start writing something new at the same time, and it's gonna be a little different.

I have been obsessing over Soft!BF x Soft!Pico.

So I'm gonna write a book about them, and when I've got it decently developed, I'm gonna slip a sneaky little reader insert in there so the reader will have them as adoptive parents.

If you like my writing here, you can check that out when the first couple parts are published!

Sorry for the short-ish part today, but my hands are very cold and I was struggling to keep writing this part from where it was.

I'll see you soon!