" Confidence. "

" Hey uhm- Sarv? " I heard Y/N call my name from the kitchen. I walked in.

" Yes, dear? "

" Can you help me reach the flour.. " Y/N rubbed the back of their neck in embarrassment. I smiled and nodded.

" Of course! " I grabbed the flour from a higher cabinet in the kitchen, handing it to Y/N.

" Thank you-! " They smiled awkwardly at me, and I giggled a little.

" It's no problem, my dear. " I left the kitchen. I enjoyed helping Y/N when they asked me for it!

☯︎︎ ✞ ☯︎

" RRUUVVVV!! "

Odd. That sounded like Y/N. I walked outside to find Y/N, who had yelled for me, getting chased by-...

squirrels?

I paused, then spoke.

" How did you convince a group of squirrels into chasing you? " I asked, and with the rumble of my voice, the squirrels shrieked and ran off. Y/N was panting heavily.

" I don't know, but thank you- " They huffed out. I ruffled their hair a bit and took them back inside.

☯︎︎ ✞ ☯︎

" Y/N? What are you doing? " I asked Y/N as I watched them struggle with cooking.

" Huh? Oh- just tryna cook, Ras- I've got it- " As they said that, what they were cooking lit on fire. I walked over and put the lid of the pan they were using over it, putting the fire out. I turned the stove off.

" Be careful. Make sure to keep an eye on the time. " I tipped them, gently patting their shoulder and walking away.

" Thanks-! Ras-.. "

☯︎︎ ✞ ☯︎

It was the middle of the night, and I heard Y/N's startled yell again. I quickly stood and hurried to their room, knocking on the door.

" Y/N? " I called, my wings hanging just behind me.

" Y- Yes Selever? " They called back. I opened the door.

" What happened this time..? " I walked over, sitting next to them. They seemed to bite their tongue a little.

" It's okay, Sel- I'm okay. You can go back to bed- " They spoke quickly, forcing a bit of a smile. I paused. This wasn't like them at all.

" But- Y/N.. you-.. "

" I'm okay, Sel.. really.. " They reassured me, smiling a bit more genuinely. I hesitated, but gave them a small smile back.

" Alright... come get me if you need anything.. " I slowly got up, walking towards the door.

" Thank you.. "

☯︎︎ ✞ ☯︎

Selever walked into the living room, walking past the couch from behind. He glanced down at it, spotting Y/N, hugging their knees and looking thoughtful, and a bit upset.

" Y/N? What' going on? " He walked around the couch and sat beside them. They didn't even glance at him, and it took them several moments to respond.

" Just-.. thinking.. " They spoke quietly, staring in front of them at the floor.

" About what? " He shifted a little closer, his wings twitching a little.

" . . . "

" Y/N... cmon, you can tell me anything. " He spread his wing out a little behind them.

" ... have I been asking for too much help, Sel..? " He looked at them, confused.

" No? Why would you think you are? " Selever tilted his head, taking this a little more seriously. I mean, this was Y/N we were talking about.

" I feel like I'm always asking you all for help, especially after you let me live here with you- and have been helping me with Calvin- and- and- " The demon interrupted.

" Woah, woah- don't get caught up in your words, Roachy. We're all happy to help, in fact my mom really likes helping you out. We're here for you, Y/N. "

Y/N glanced at Selever, and after a minute or two, they smiled, leaning against him.

" Heh.. thanks, Sel.. " Selever smiled as well.

" Of course, Y/N. "