" Not he, them. "

Like Sarv promised a few days previous,

y/n's room was suddenly a library with a bed and a desk.

They had built shelves over and beside their bed, next to their door and in the closet. Every shelf was slowly filling with books, all of them carefully selected and sorted by Y/N themselves.

Selever knocked on the door one day, coming to check on Y/N, who had been in their room all day. This was very unusual, Y/N had always come out to hug Selever in the morning.

" Come in! " Y/N called from their room.

Selever opened the door, looking around. "...What's with all the damn books, Y/N- "

" Oh! Sarv said I could get lots of books for my room! So I did! " Y/N smiled, getting up from their desk and hopping over to Selever, hugging him tight. " Also good morning! "

" Yeah, yeah, 'morning, dipshit. " He replied, Y/N gave him a look.

" Hey!! I thought we stopped that! " Selever laughed, his wings fluttering a bit as he did so.

" Hah, I just did that to see how you'd react. And damn was it worth it! " He cackled as Y/N crossed their arms. He pat their head and glanced around the room, pausing. " Why don't we get you out of this damn library, hm? "

Y/N chuckled. "Alright, Selever. "

☯︎︎    ✞    ☯︎︎

Y/N and their tall demon friend were walking downtown, chatting and laughing with each other, just like Sarvente and Y/N had done just a few days previous. They didn't notice the figure that peered around the corner of an alleyway at them from behind. The figure slipped back into the alley, pulling their hood down as they walked over to a towering figure holding a chainsaw behind their back.

" They're both alone. If we can just get them somewhere quiet and isolated, we can finish what we started. " Calvin's voice spoke quietly, the looming figure pausing, then nodding. " ... you're awfully quiet, Taki. "

Taki simply stared. Calvin sighed, shaking his head. " Whatever. Still remember the plan, right? " Taki shook his head.

" Ugh, of course. I'll explain one more time. We need to isolate Y/N and that demon-dumbass. Once we do that, you use the chainsaw to fight the demon away while I grab Y/N and run. Got it? " Calvin explained, looking up at Taki with an unamused expression.

Taki simply nodded, her never-fading smile living up to its name. Calvin growled, pinching the bridge of his nose. " Let's just get this over with... " He led Taki down the other end of the alleyway to find a way to start his plan.

☯︎︎    ✞    ☯︎︎

" Selever? "

" Hm? "

" Where are we? "

" ... uuhhhhh- " Selever looked around, seeing nothing but wide field and trees surrounding them. " Would it be bad if I said that I don't know? "

Y/N chuckled slightly, hugging his arm. " It's okay, Sel. We'll find a way back! " They smiled up at him, their face a little [B/C]. Selever's face went a little pink as they did so, patting their head.

" Whatever you say, Roachy. " He chuckled slightly, not paying attention to what was around them.

The dark shadow of a tall, looming figure spread in front of them both. Selever glanced down at the ground, but before he could react...

THUD.

The demon just barely shoved Y/N away from him, jumping back as the end of a chainsaw slammed down where they were both standing. He heard Y/N yell out, startled. He bat his wings and lifted himself into the air, landing in front of Y/N and growling. His horns sharpened and lengthened, as well as his wings as they spread out. He glared at the familiar figure of Taki.

"KYEHEHAHAHAHAAHHAH!"

Selever held back a shudder as Taki laughed. Y/N was right, that was horrifying. He yelled out as Taki swung at him again, thankfully Y/N darted out of the way, and he flew up above the chainsaw as it hit the ground, tearing up the grass and dirt that it hit.

" What the hell?? Leave us alone! " He snarled, landing in front of Taki, keeping at least 10 feet in distance between them. He growled again, a microphone appearing in his hand. Taki stopped, staring at Selever. He tilted his head at the demon, then raised her hand a little as a microphone appeared in her hand, too. The chainsaw shut off as he held it behind his back. " Okay, you wanna sing now, huh? "

" . . . "

Y/N quickly ran over, setting a speaker down in between them and running behind Selever, watching from behind him.

And then the music started. They started singing, the usual way to fight here.

(jesus why is that so big on my ipad-)

Taki's voice when he sang was almost even more terrifying than her laugh... it made Y/N hide behind Selever again. As Selever and Taki sang, Calvin snuck up and grabbed Y/N's shoulder. Y/N gasped a bit, and Selever growled, smacking Calvin hard in the face with his wing. Calvin yelled out in pain, letting go and stumbling back as Selever and Taki sang the last note. Sel poofed the microphone away, grabbing Y/N with one arm, the speaker with the other.

" Alright this is getting to be too much. Seeya later, bitches!! " Selever shrieked, beating his wings and carrying both Y/N and the speaker away.

" Goddamnit you idiot of a demon!! " Calvin yelled. Selever turned for a moment and flipped Calvin off, continuing their escape.

☯︎︎    ✞    ☯︎︎

" They what. " Ruv's voice rumbled deeply as Selever and Y/N explained what had happened. Sarvente wasn't at home at the moment, so they were only explaining to Ruv and Rasazy.

" Dad we should find them. " Ras looked up at her dad, and Ruv sighed, shaking his head.

" We'll find them in time. I suggest you both stay inside, or with us for a while. " He spoke, ruffling Y/N's hair a bit. He didn't do that to Selever because last time he got bit.

" Awhh.. alright, we'll ask you guys before going anywhere. " Y/N sighed, standing close beside Selever.

" ... why don't we make dinner for you, you must be hungry. " Ras said calmly, grabbing Y/N and Selever's hands and bringing them over to the table, sitting them down. She ran over to the kitchen where her dad stood, and they both started cooking.

" Thanks, Sel-.. for saving me back there.. " Y/N glanced at Selever and smiled a little. The demon chuckled slightly, ruffling their hair a bit.

" Yeah, whatever. No one else is gonna constantly be ready to save your ass from the trouble you get into. " He teased, leaning back in his chair. Y/N laughed a little.

They were happy and safe with Selever by their side.

~~~
WHERE WAS THIS MOTIVATION WHEN I STILL USED QUOTEV WAY BACK IN THE OLDEN DAYS??

damn I've been almost non-stop writing. Hope you guys are enjoying so far <3 I've got a few special guests ready to join this book, so stay excited for that!

Love yall, seeya soon <3