' ' Ruv The Sentient Earthquake ' '

" Y/N? "

Y/N tensed as Ruv's rumbling voice appeared behind them, shaking them to their core.

" Oh- hi Ruv! How are you doing?" Y/N turned and smiled up at Ruv, like, directly up. Ruv looked down at them.

" What are you doing out here? "

Y/N was standing outside, staring out at the street with a blank look. They were wearing a light [F/C] sweater with jeans and boots, their arms crossed over their chest. Flakes of snow slowly fluttered down in a thin white blanket below them both.

" Nothing really- just- waiting for Sel to get home... " Y/N always patiently waited outside for Selever to get home whenever he went out somewhere. They didn't know anyone besides the demon and his family, but they felt a little strange in the house. It hadn't been very long since they were first invited to live here, and after last night, they felt a little more on edge around the small family.

" He's going to be gone for much longer. " Ruv stood beside Y/N, his jacket and the strings on his hat gently swaying in the snowy breeze. He paused for a minute, looking down at Y/N again. " Come inside. "

" No- I'll be okay out he- " The breeze suddenly picked up to a slight wind, causing Y/N to cross their arms tighter and shiver. " Okay- I'll come inside.. "

Ruv nodded and took their hand, taking them inside the church again.

As they heavy doors closed behind them both, Y/N sighed.

" Thanks, Ruv... "

" For what? "

" Pff- making sure I didn't freeze to death? "

Ruv nodded, letting go of their hand. Y/N was about to say something, but they were interrupted by a loud CLANG in the kitchen, followed by the sweet and harmonious, yet slightly strained, voice of Sarv.

" I'm okay-!! " Was all she said before more clutter could be heard. Y/N chuckled slightly as Ruv spoke.

" Sounds as if Sarv is making food for us all. " Y/N and Ruv started walking to the kitchen. " ...trying to, at least. "

They walked in to see Sarv trying her best to make soup for everyone. Rasazy was helping her out though, so at least she didn't burn the kitchen down. Poor thing wasn't the best at cooking.

" Do you want some more help, Sarv-? " Y/N asked, walking over.

" Nope! We just finished, actually! " Sarv smiled as she poured the soup she and her daughter made into four bowls, setting them on the table. " Come and eat! "

Y/N's POV:

I sat down at the table in front of one of the bowls, Ruv sitting beside me while Rasazy and Sarv sat across from us.

" Hopefully we didn't burn it. We tried a new recipe. " Rasazy spoke quietly, glancing at her father, who nodded. She looked at me and I smiled.

" I'm sure it's wonderful! " We all picked up our spoons and tried a spoonful.

" ...Tastes pretty good actually. " I smiled as I said this, starting to wat a little quicker. Damn, didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

" Mhm. Good job you two. " Ruv spoke, eating a bit more. Sarv smiled proudly.

" I'm very glad we did so well! " She giggled and rubbed Rasazy's head, and Rasazy smiled a little bit. She then looked at me. " What do you think we should do after this? "

" Hm-? Oh- I was actually curious about if Ruv could sing or not. " I glanced at Ruv, who nodded.

" I sing loud though. Broke the church last time. " Everyone had already quickly finished their food.

" Ohhh! I still wanna hear!! " I perked up excitedly, and Sarv giggled again.

" You've got to let them hear at least once. " She reassured Ruv, who shrugged.

" K. "

I jumped up excitedly, Ruv standing as well.

" We'll be in the main room. " He told the two girls, who both waved.

" Have fuuunnn~! " Sarv said in a sing-song voice. I followed Ruv to the main room where Selever and I had sung. I could still hear the echoes of his loud yet perfect notes bouncing around the large room. I looked at Ruv and smiled as we both stepped up on either side of the large speaker.

" Ready Y/N? " Ruv asked, grabbing the microphone. He didn't turn it on though?

" Yep!! " I smiled as the song started. (Song at the top of the screen, just- don't count the dialogue lol)

As Ruv started, the ground quaked below him, knocking me off my feet as I fell backwards.

' JEEZ- NO WONDER SELEVER'S SO LOUD- HIS DAD'S A WALKING EARTHQUAKE!! '

I quickly scrambled up as he finished his turn, struggling to compete against his quick words and ground shaking voice.

We finished the song— barely,— and I leaned against the pillar behind me, panting.

" That- *huff* was harder than- *huff* I thought it would be- " I spoke between heaving breaths, slowly standing straight. Ruv set the microphone down and turned the speakers off.

" You did surprisingly well. " I smiled as he complimented me. At least I think it was a compliment? Ruv was confusing with his constant monotone voice, but that's okay.

" Thanks! " I paused as I heard the church doors open and shut. " Oh!! That must be Selever! Thanks for the singing battle, Ruv! Maybe we can do it again sometime! " I smiled at Ruv as I ran to the door, waving.

Ruv nodded, chuckling slightly. " Strange child. "

~~~

Future-family bonding while Y/N waits for Selever to come home from whatever he does!

Hope you enjoyed!! This was fun for me to write, though I'm excited to write cuddle scenes between Sel and Y/N- heh. Just scared to do it too early.

☁︎︎ See you all soon! ☁︎︎