26. Better luck next time

I though nothing could shock me tonight, but I was wrong.

Before me stood Blitzo, in a fancy suit and a rose in his hand. I couldn't hold back my laughter, nudging his side, "I didn't know Blitzo had an attractive brother."

Uncomfortable with the situation, he asked unsure, "Do you like it?"

"I didn't expect it, that's for sure."

"You look ravishing"

I raised a brow, hearing him add a "Sin told me to say that."

Figures.

"And what is your option?"

He hesitated.

"Come on, be honest with me."

"Okay...you asked for it, you are hot as fuck."

"Now that is more the Blitzo I know" hitting his arm lightly, he grinned slightly. Grabbing his hand, I pulled him inside the disco. Since this was for Sin's job, I decided to be nicer to the boss. Plus, someone else will be there to shaken things up when it gets dull and boring. The tall imp offered me a drink first, waiting for a good song to come up. I took it without any protest, sitting beside him, watching everyone else on the dancefloor. So far, it all goes well. Blitzo got himself a cocktail, slurping on the straw. He didn't behave like he normally does, "Is something the matter Blitzo?"

"The music is crap"

"You are telling me "I laughed, "You are aware that this disco offers more styles of music."

"Huh?"

"Are you saying that you have no idea what this place has? You invited me here, you should know"

During his whole practice and planning, he forgot about it. Anyway, that is no reason to fight, I grabbed his hand and lead him to the other areas inside the building. Even for the imp was this new, enjoying the sound, "Lets get in there!" it was slow music, thankfully not too slow to fall asleep. A perfect opportunity thought Blitzo. He was waiting for this to happen, "May I have this dance?" Gesturing his hand towards me, I stared at him. Next, I reached out, only to check out his suit.

"What's wrong?"

"Just checking for handcuffs, ropes and other stuff."

Blitzo grinned, "Condoms are in the right pocket"

My eye twitched, checking, "Those are balloons"

Before I could get annoyed, he grabbed my hands, "I have no interest to sleep with you tonight...just a wonderful date for us to remember."

"Oh Blitz..."

"Y/N...."

"Those sweets in your left side pocket...those aren't drugs, are they?"

"Sweets?" He had a look himself, only to laugh uncomfortably, "Oh those, I...I haven't worn this suit since the adoption day from Loona."

"Why would you have them in there?"

"I was nervous"

I asked why, as his face turned sad, "I feared that she might say no. She was almost eighteen, my little loony. I don't know what I would do without her."

"Basically, everything you do now, just without her"

"I would have never made my own business if it wasn't for Loona" It was no surprise, that he calls his staff family, which the hellhound is part of it. He wanted to provide for them, keeping the whole family together. I just shrugged, "Good for you. Your business is doing good, and everyone is happy with their role."

"Except me" murmured Blitzo.

"Why? You're the boss. Not many imps tried to make a business on their own. You should be proud of yourself."

"My family isn't complete"

"You got Sin now, he is like the grandfather of you all." Just the thought of him acting like that towards the staff made me laugh. The tall imp however, sees no reason to join me. His mind was elsewhere, "And you?"

I grinned, "The one that flies the nest soon."

"...exactly..."

"Blitzo, I have to go. It is not because I don't like you..."

His eyes got wide and sparkly.

"...scratch that, I do."

Back to his sad puppy eyes.

"You should know that you aren't the reason I have to go away."

"Then what is the reason?"

We looked at each other, which felt like hours. I couldn't tell him. To loosen up this depressing moment, I reached out to him, "You asked me if I wanted to dance, I do."

"I love to"

I expected to hear that from Blitzo, instead, another hand grabbed mine and pulled me onto the dancefloor. The sound of hissing rang in my ear, as the smiling imp held me close, "Hey there Doll."

"Striker, what took you so long?"

"It's a huge Disco, you can get lost in here easily."

"True"

His gaze went to the bar, where the tall imp was close to love his patience, "I see you are here with boss man."

"Did I forget to mention that?"

"I am afraid you did doll."

"Is that bad?"

His grin widened, while his eyes remained on the imp, "Depends on his behaviour"

And indeed, Blitzo wouldn't let anyone spoil his date with me, especially not a snake like Striker. He got between us, tearing us apart, "Excuse me, what the fuck?!"

"Blitzo, long time no see. Still knocking up that owl for business?"

"Still a sneaky snake, taking what's mine?"

Striker looked over his head to me, "She never said anything about being yours."

I joined in, "Because it is not true."

Blitzo sighted frustrated, "Can't we have a normal night out...alone...and stop fighting for once?"

"I could, but you always give me a reason to get angry."

The tall imp pushed me away from Striker, "He is dangerous Y/N, keep your distance from him."

"Why can't you back off for like five minutes?!"

"Because I am worried about you!"

"You don't have to be!"

"But I do!"

"If you want to start a fight again then fine. I am not going there again. Either you stop being an ass and enjoy the date or get out of here!"

Blitzo gestured towards Striker, who seem to enjoy us arguing, "A date means two, a snake is not part of this package!"

"Then have it your way...dates over!" I left him there, grabbing Striker's hand and back on the dancefloor. The poor imp had to see me in the arms of that vicious snake, hissing with joy at his victory. Before we got there, he faced Blitzo, "Who is in her league now, Blitz?"