39. Rescue...who?

I sat in the darkest corner of the room, watching how the hall gets crowded with creatures of all the rings. Asmodeus llpulled the curtains a little aside to get excited at the amount, "Ohhh tonight will be lusty~". Fizz, who was still down from only owning three dollars, looked rather sad.

Ozzie pulled his friend close poking his forehead "Cheer up man, she is a star to admire. The one that makes us rich and famous"

Fizzarolli wobbled his lips like a kid, trying to persuade Ozzie to keep me. I got tense as he got suspicious, that it might me more to me than he could tell. They looked in my direction as I hissed at them in response.

The clowns eyes got wider, "Pleaaaase!!!"

Amused the Lord of Lust held him in a hug smiling, "I know how you feel, but we have a deal to fulfill. This was the plan all along." And it was about time to get the party started. Shuddering in the corner, I do hope to get out of here in freedom.

Something that an old imp won't get as a I.M.P employee anymore. Blitzo didn't attend to his work for a long time, which means poor old Sin had to take care of it all. With Loona's phonecalls to the arrangements of paperwork and so forth. Millie and Moxxie did some small assassinations in hell as they can't go up without the book. Although this wasn't their normal job offer they didn't have a choice. Blitzo should really consider to pay them for once otherwise his company will soon be out of business.

Moxxie and Millie made that very clear while they drove to Ozzies. Blitzo didn't even listen to their complains, scribbling on paper his rescue plan. Stolas inspected them with worry, "Eh Blitz, are you sure this is a good plan?"

The tall imp gave him a look that could kill, "Can you do it better?"

"No it's just...that order."

Before another glare got his way, the owl made clear that there are plenty of people that know Blitzo from the past. With that, the paper got ripped in pieces. One after another...

"Fuck I am out of ideas!"

To his luck, M&M has a plan. They get dressed as staff members and guide me out the back door. Sounds simple, but is it really that easy? It doesn't involve Blitzo directly which made it a lot better. Stolas agreed on this trying to keep a low profile and will try to get a seat in the corner...out of sight.

While I was pushed on stage.

"Nooooooooooooo" I screamed as Fizz pushed me from the back. Grabbing on to staff members, to equipments anything that keeps me from being shown to the audience. Ozzie on the other hand, was busy to greet the main guests, the special ones.

One was definitely the Overlord. Seeing him from the stage made my blood run cold. Beside him stood Stella, her brother and Stolas Father.

Fizz was impressed by the sight, "Woah we got a load of royalty tonight. They must have heard about the auction."

Outside in line are Stolas and Blitzo, holding hands while waiting. Memories rose from the tall imps head, feeling the same uncomfortable moment all over again, "She better be worth it". Gritting his teeth, Stolas pressed his hand lightly, "Don't worry. A woman you love is always worth it". Blitzo wanted to believe this but with his line of destroyed relationships, it is difficult.
Even the same security at the main doors didn't help at all. He didn't make a scene, just bowed and gave the tall imp a deadly glare.

From the looks of it, the evening was going smoothly. Moxxie and Millie sneaked into a small window and dressed up as musicians. As one was already sick and left the window open, it was easy for them to find another as a replacement. No one expected a thing.

Unlike the special guests.

Stolas was stiff as a board at the sight. To see Stella at Ozzies isn't only unusual, bis her brother and his father present as well. He had a bad feeling about this while not caring for the pull of his arm.

"Damn it Stolas get a move on" Blitzo followed his gaze soon after, only to shrug, "Forget them. We got a plan here".

"Yes...you're right..."

Knowing that the situation is getting tense, they made sure to sit somewhere near the exit. Blitzo was actually glad of this, as the owl didn't take any opportunity to flirt with him. He was quiet the whole time.

"Have mercy!!!" I kept begging, holding on to the dancers. Fizzarolli tickled me until I lost my grip. Now in his arms, he presented me in bridal style to the audience.

On the other end of the room, Blitzo choked on his drink, while Stolas was shocked by my presence. The tall imp was behind angry,"That woman
..."

"She sure knows how to make things difficult"

"Speak for yourself!" Snapped Blitzo before calling M&M, "Millie the plan is busted. She is on stage." To hear the announcement of me being auctioned almost made him crash his phone in pieces, "Mox, please tell me you got a quick plan for this". He heard them speak but could not make out the words.

While I was speechless by the audience. They laughed as I grabbed on Fizz for dear life, as he tried to get me off.

Blitzo sighted relieved, "Take your time Mox."

Ozzie stood beside the guest apologizing for my behaviour. But from what he could see, Stella and her brother found it hilarious and Stolas father frowned. He doesn't like this kind of entertainment, he just came along because Stella insisted. The Overlord held his wineglass firmly on his hand, twirling lightly the liquid. He was smiling like a psychopath. He gestured to one of his servants that lurked in the shadows, "Heres the address, no mistakes mind."

"I won't disappoint you my Lord."

His smile grew wider, making it look inhuman, "Get out of my sight....I got a girl to win."