41. Die for nothing?

Moxxie noticed how his boss and Stolas were thrown out while he climbed through the window at the dressing room. Millie and I met him at the alleyway while waiting for the other two. In the meantime, I was confronted by the female imp, "What did this Overlord mean?"

"Huh?" still out of breath I didn't understand her question.

"You're not a real imp?"

Moxxie gasped, "For real?" touching my arm to see if that is true. It felt real but his wife doesn't believe it, "It's a disguise...what are you really?"

Remembering the conversation I froze on the spot. Millie did not have to say it as she knows very well what I am, the overlord had said it loud and clear. I hesitated, "Its...complicated."

"We just busted our asses to get you out only to realize you're not even an imp!"

Moxxie tried to calm his wife, "I am sure she has a reason for not telling." Although he was concerned about one thing as much as his wife...Blitz feelings. They know he is a son of a bitch and is capable to mess up on his own, but this was a whole new level. I tried to convince them that it wasn't my intention to fool them or even to hurt anyone's feelings. The couple stared as I started to cry.

Blitz and Stolas recovered from their free flight ticked into the dumpster.

Before they could get out Blitz phone rang. It was Sasha, "Blitz we got an emergency!"

"I know we got Y/N back. Everything is under control."

"No, it's Sin"

"What about the old man?"

The tall imp crawled out the dumpster and stood there in shock. Stolas followed soon after asking him what happened. Blitz turned his back to the owl, "Sasha were, are you? We get there!"

Stolas looked at the tall imp as a tear rolled down his cheek, "Blitz...what happened?

"Sin...the old man...he's...dead."

Blitz doesn't know this old imp that much, but he was fond of his employee and above all he was close to me. To know that I lost someone special hit Blitz hard...knowing how that feels. They both ran towards the alleyway hoping no one follows them.

It was awkward to see Blitz with tears in his eyes while I followed his example without knowing. Stolas felt a little uneasy whispering to Blitz, "I think she knows". I feared that Millie wasn't the only one who knew, begging Blitz to forgive me. Moxxie held Millie back as Blitz stepped towards me.

"I am really sorry" I said as new tears formed.

"It isn't your fault" in an instant his arms were wrapped around me, "this can happen to any of us."

While he comforted me with a tight hug, Stolas called us a taxi. Unaware that we went towards the hospital. The couple as well as me wasn't aware of why we drove to this place. I asked Blitz but he didn't say anything. Outside stood Sasha and Loona. Once again, I got a tight hug from Sasha, "I am sorry Y/N." My fear increased.

Loona apologized as well but kept her distance.

Shasha whispered into my ear, "We tried...believe me...we tried everything."

"I don't understand...why are we at the hospital?"

He held my arms tight looking deep into my eyes. Sadness filled them, "Sin didn't make it. Someone killed him on the street."

"...no..."

"Whoever did this shoot him several times. The doctors said it must have been an angelic weapon as it was impossible for him to survive this."

"...No..." my face pressed into Sashas chest I cried out loud. No one dared to talk at this point. Millie knew that my secret had to be told to Blitz but now she didn't want to make this situation any worse. Besides she did like this old imp. Moxxie also cried. His wife got worried, "Mox?"

"We wanted to go to that musical next week...I bough the tickets and T-shirts..." Sin and Moxxie shared the passion for musicals, and he was looking forward to this since day one. Millie forgot this and hugged him, "Sorry Mox."

The reason Sasha wanted me to be there at the hospital was to say goodbye. Normally no one cared if an imp dies but the hellhounds threatened to kill the doctor if they get rid of him before I said my farewell. To me he looked like he was sleeping. Memories came back of us talking. He was hoping for me and Blitz to have a future together. I felt awful knowing that this will not happen. My arms reached for Sins face, "Sin..." leaning forward I kissed his forehead, "...this isn't fair..." Lowering my head I kissed his cheek, "...we need you Sin...I need you...your all we have in this place."

That imp saved me from a monster, was there when we needed him the most. He was the best thing that ever happened to me and Sasha. He was part of our family. Sin deserved better in this world. Clenching my fists, I lowered my head one last time and kissed the side of his lips, "...I love you...".

Meanwhile Sasha and the others stood outside.

Not a single sound was heard from anyone. I used all my strength to swing the doors open making them collide with the walls. This made everyone jump. In my eyes Sasha would see my grief but also pure anger.

Standing before them all I growled, "No more hiding. We must finish this once and for all."

Sasha asked me what I was talking about.

"We cannot run away anymore. He almost got me today. Now is the time to fight back..." my eyes looked at the others, "...we have to tell them the truth...the whole truth."

The hellhound was concerned before looking at Loona and back to me, "Are you sure about this?"

"We owe it to Sin."

Sasha hesitated before smiling wide, holding up his hand to a fist.

We fist bumped as he said, "I got your back Y/N."