11 | Free ride

During your whole twenty-seven years of living, never have you expected to be threatened by a child

But apparently, this lady holding a pocket knife dangerously close to your neck, wouldn't mind changing that.

"I don't feel safe." you whisper, "Nobara, can you let me go please?"

Only a day has passed since you had brought Kugisaki to the house, and to be honest, you're surprised she hasn't left the moment she started recovering from her bruises. This includes healing due to the poison from your jujutsu that weakened her, but Kugisaki doesn't need to know that.

"Sorry." she says, "You're nice, but why the hell should i trust you? You did something, didn't you..?!"

The two of you are only a few feet away from the room itadori now shares with Kugisaki. The girl stood behind you, one arm around you while her other hand has her weapon.

You were only supposed to check on them and make sure Kugisaki hasn't murdered poor itadori.. But the gods just love testing your patience.

"I've done nothing! I won a fair fight againts you. Can you not accept that?" you ask, brows furrow. You felt really uncomfortable with that knife next to your throat..

Kugisaki scoff, now hesitating. She wanted to remember what she really saw before loosing consciousness. The only thing she could recall is you, grabbing her by the collar, and her body harshly dropping to the ground.

"I know when i lose something.." she mutters, now beginning to slowly move the knife away which you're thankful for.

"Can i ask a for a favor?"

Kugisaki then ask. You don't break free from her hold even if her weapon is already away from you- that might make her threaten you more or upset her. It's best to play along for now.

"Depends on how pricey it is." you answer with a joke, making Kugisaki roll her eyes.

"Do you know where i can find a ride to Kyoto?" she ask.

You remember her saying something similar. What was it?

Ah, right. She wants to find her friend Saori whom you assumed moved to kyoto. Satoru even called her crazy for wanting to travel on foot. Lucky for Kugisaki, you know how to help her.

"I have a friend. Tsukumo Yuki." you start, "She can give you a free ride."

Kugisaki goes silent. A free ride? Sounds like an abduction waiting to happen. You on the other hand, sighs, knowing that she's skeptical.

"Nobara, trust me. Should i bring you to her for proof?"

 Should i bring you to her for proof?"

And proof is what you give. Of course, you both had to wait til sunrise.

Kugisaki has stars in her eyes while she follows you around Shinjuku- one of Tokyo's busy towns. Unlike the small town she came from, it wasn't this busy and the markets aren't crowded.

You spare her a glance, lightly scoffing. Her reaction is the same as itadori when you first took him out the house to go see Nanami.

'Ah, kids. I was like them.'

"Kugisaki, we're here."

You pat her shoulder, making her hum as a response

"Huh?" the girl raises a brow, "The path ends here and trees are blocking out way."

She didn't even notice her surroundings changed. The two of you took a sharp turn away from the bustling town and ended up here- multiple wooden houses that looked empty, and it's less noisy here. Kugisaki assumes this is an isolated part of Shinjuku.

No residents, no children playing outside, and no store in sight. Only abandoned houses.

"Yuki loves traveling." you point at the trees in front of you.

You then look above, seeing walls surrounding a large house.

"The Gojo family forbids anyone to live here since it's close to their residence. They've had their fair share of intruders, and i assume they had enough."

Kugisaki then speaks up.

"So they closed this part of the town.."

Such a waste of land. Though it's not like they knew that multiple people would try to invade their home. Kugisaki wonders if some attempts are successful.

You return your gaze to the trees in front of you. The wind blows, and multiple leaves falls from the branches.

"Yuki, however, is a special case." you chuckle, "She's hired to look over this side of the clan and she decided to take advantage of it."

You take a few steps forward, hand on a tree bark as you squeeze your way into the multiple plants. You hear Kugisaki follow you, and you both make your way out of the mass of trees.

You look back, signaling her to stay still. On the other side has less trees crowding the path.

"If you trip, it's not my fault." you tell the girl, "Watch your steps..!"

Kugisaki takes a glance of the area. Soon enough, she follows you.

Kugisaki notices the path continued on for miles. She then spots a few carriages and bandwagons near a house. Some were covered with cloth and some were not.

"Does this lead to Kyoto?" the girl ask.

"Yep. You get there in three days if you travel on foot. A day if on a wagon." you chuckle,

"But Nobara.. This is the not so legal way to get there."

The girl froze. That's why this place seems too sketchy! She should've known in the first place.

"What?!"

You sweatdrop, jabbing your thumb at Tsukumo's home.

"It's free! Plus you won't get caught." you add, "Please don't hit me.."

Kugisaki, with brows furrowed, began to contemplate if coming with you is a good decision. She curses internally, regretting leaving her satchel and hammer back at the house. Should she make a run for it?

But this is her chance.. A free ticket to kyoto and to see her beloved friend. Saori. Should she really care about what's illegal or not?

'It's been a year. I wanna see her so bad.' Kugisaki thought. She misses her childhood best friend so bad.

'Why do i have to make these hard decisions?!'

She takes a deep breath, and you patiently waited.

"Fine. Can we make it quick?"

 Can we make it quick?"