25 | Cold

'Why do i feel like i'm freezing?'

'It's not raining.. Am i nervous?'

Fushiguro ran after Itadori. He's uneasy- he hasn't been into one since he spent his life at the zen'in clan's home, but he's sure the temperature in alleyways don't drop so suddenly.

He's rarely anxious about anything, so why now? Maybe it's because he hasn't experienced a situation like this yet. The three of them were supposed to be heading home when Y/N is grabbed, dragged away into an alley, the two boys panic and Itadori rushes in to follow the woman and whoever it is that took her.

This is not something that happens everyday.. Not to Fushiguro at least.

'But what about how cold it is?'

While running, he had narrowed it down to multiple possibilities but only two scenarios are most likely to be the cause.

One, the alleyways have always been this cold and chilly. Two, it's the work of a cursed technique. Fushiguro hopes for the latter since he wouldn't want to expose his identity so soon by summoning a large snake and bird.

He grits his teeth.

Expose? Not when he finally found a place where he can be free..

He sees Itadori's back and he had seemed to stopped running. The boy with pink hair holds an arm in front of Fushiguro as if silently asking the boy to keep his distance.

"Ah! Footsteps!"

Fushiguro looks ahead. He sees a dead end and both him and Itadori are facing Y/N along with a cloaked man that he doesn't know. He gulps, sparing Itadori a glance only to find the boy just as confused as he is.

Y/N stood behind the man, using her arm to cover his eyes. She would then raise her free hand before pointing at Fushiguro. The woman places her pointer finger on her lips as if asking him specifically to keep quiet.

He knows.

Hesitantly, Itadori speaks up.

"You're.. You're outnumbered. What do you want with miss Y/N, huh?"

The cloaked man grins.

"I want information. Your miss Y/N here hasn't visited me in a while!" he lowers his voice so only the woman can hear him, "I had to leech off Nanami.. Are you gonna start being inconsistent?"

Y/N sighs, "I was going to meet up with you. No need to grab and give me a heart attack."

'I've been.. Busy.'

She thought. Not long ago, she took three kids under her wing and even fought a demon incarnate. Isn't that emotionally draining enough? No? Had Y/N not been a sorcerer before she saw Sukuna in person, she would've needed a whole week to clear her head. Unlike a few years ago- It's not everyday she experiences attacks like that.