32 | Red lights

"Maki-san?"

"Maki-san?"

"Maki-san.."

Okkotsu Yuta heaves a sigh, scratching the back of his head. Should he just give up in finding the girl?

He searched all over the Inumaki estate- the garden, their judo, front yard, and Okkotsu even went out his way to roam a few halls that he wasn't supposed to be in. Though he's confident that the Inumaki's heir, Toge, would be there to defend him if he were to be caught in places where he isn't supposed to be at.

Call that the bodyguard privilege..

'Now that makes me sound like a bad friend..' he looks around, nervous, '.. Maki really needs to listen first. The moment i mentioned going to Tokyo for a task, she left.'

Due to the sudden increase of curses and curse users around the area which was caused by an unknown event..

.. Or Sukuna's reawakening..

.. The head of the Inumaki clan wanted to send their own sorcerers as a way to provide help. After all, Tokyo was bound to be in shambles the moment Gojo Satoru disappeared- it just happened a few years later.

Okkotsu is considered to be a special grade with Maki being a grade below him. They're definitely qualified to take this mission though Okkotsu had his doubts. Why now? Tokyo is the land of the most powerful sorcerers- almost every sorcerer in Kyoto graduated and was trained under Gakuganji Yoshinobu, Masamichi Yaga, and Utahime Iori's care.

Even Okkotsu himself was from Tokyo. Though the person who trained him isn't one of the aforementioned sensei's..

"Mhm."

Okkotsu felt someone tugging on his sleeve. He turns to see Inumaki Toge- whom Okkotsu asked to assist him in finding Maki.

"Ah, Inumaki. No, i haven't seen her yet.."

No honorifics. Toge preferred it that way.

Inumaki then began dragging the boy after he hears his reply. Okkotsu, with a raised brow, follows.

The heir of the Inumaki clan leads the boy back to the training ground where two women stood on the grass as if waiting- one is wielding a spear and the other with a bow and arrow.

Zen'in Maki and Mai. The twins who were thrown out by their clan because of Naoya Zen'in's. Despite barely getting along, the two had a silent agreement where they would promise to stick by eachothers side. They would then travel to Kyoto as sorcerers who have a goal to prove themselves to the clan that wronged them.

"I thought you didn't want to come?" Okkotsu questions, "Hello, Mai-san.."

Maki scoffs, "I thought Mai needed to hear what you have to say. So? Continue."

Inumaki stood by his friends. His interest was also piqued when Okkotsu mentioned Tokyo.

"Curses started to appear more frequently and curse users are starting to get comfortable with causing trouble. We, and a few others, are going to travel to Tokyo next week to see what the problem is."