Chapter 4

It took me a few seconds to register her words, I was so excited to be able to hear her voice again that I almost missed the important detail of her invitation.

"Carina are you still there?" I heard her say to me and I came out of my reverie.

"Uh... I'm here," I stammered. "And yes, I would love to."

"Excellent," She said over the line. "I'll text you the address of the restaurant and see you there in an hour, okay?"

"Perfect, I'll be there."

"Until then, Carina."

She hung up leaving me completely speechless. If this happened with a phone call, I didn't want to imagine what would happen in a real face-to-face conversation. I jumped when my phone rang again, it was a text message with an address. I smiled and saved the number before quickly exiting the parking lot, realizing that I had to go home to shower and change clothes.

----

"Fuck!" I mumbled as I rummage in my closet

Casual? Formal? What a dilemma.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw that I still had half an hour to go. I wanted to look perfect and there was no room for mistakes. After a few minutes I decided on a knee-length black dress. Not very formal but not casual either. I did my makeup and ruffled my hair that fell freely down my back. I grabbed my bag and keys and headed for my date with Maya.

It is not a date Carina, the woman is thanking you for watching her daughter.

----

I stopped in front of the restaurant and thanked all the gods for choosing the dress, the place looked fancy. I got out of my car ready to wait for Maya inside because it was starting to get a little cold, however it was not necessary because before even reaching the door I heard someone calling my name, I turned around to find myself face to face with the mesmerizing beauty of Maya. The blonde was wearing a black long-sleeved blouse and white dress pants. Her hair loose in soft waves.

I was ready to pass out.

"How are you?" She said with her famous commercial smile as she stopped in front of me.

"Very well, how are you?" My brain was stunned by her presence and I could hardly think so I said the first thing that occurred to me to break the ice. "You look beautiful."

"Hmm, thanks." She glanced briefly at her clothes and then at me. "I came straight from work." She smiled. "You look great too."

I couldn't help but blush at the compliment, even if I knew it was said out of courtesy.

"How is April?" The blonde's face lit up at the mention of her daughter.

"She is wonderful. In fact..." She rummaged in her bag pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "She made this and asked me to give it to you whenever I saw you."

It was a drawing obviously made by the little girl but my heart filled with joy when I saw that it was of Moana.

"Awww she's so sweet, tell her I loved the Moana drawing." I carefully put the drawing in my bag and when I looked up there was a curious gleam in the blonde's eyes.

"Should we go in?" She gestured with her hand towards the entrance and I nodded, moving aside so that she could lead.

Once inside the restaurant she announced that she had a reservation in her name and we were shown to a table for two in a quiet corner. A few seconds later, a waiter with two menus approached and handed us one each before silently leaving. I looked at Maya puzzled.