Chapter 5

The sound of my high heels echoed through the long corridors of the hospital as I made my way to the emergency room for my night shift, passing the nursing station first and greeting those there. After a few minutes talking with them, I excused myself and walked to the break room so I could change into my scrubs and sports shoes just like every shift.

I put my hand on the doorknob and turned it, frowning when I realized it was locked, I shrugged, imagining that one of the doctors from last shift had accidentally closed it. I took the key out of my bag, opening the door with ease.

Big mistake.

"Oh, my God!" I exclaimed watching the scene in front of me. "We're at work! When I told you to find a way to spend time together, I didn't mean this, Teddy. This is disgusting!"

"Carina!"

"Yes, that's my name," I said looking at my friend and my brother who were trying to cover their nakedness. "Really Teddy?" I knew Andrea was capable of this but I never thought you would allow yourself to be manipulated to this point."

Teddy was looking at me completely flushed, her lips swollen and her hair tousled. My brother on the other hand looked at me with an angry face.

"Couldn't you have waited ten more minutes to show up?" He said grumpily as he began to dress.

"It's not my fault that you can't wait to get home to fuck... Have some shame, God."

"You sound like a nun," Teddy muttered without making eye contact as she dressed as well.

"I'm not a nun," I replied offended. "But I know where I shouldn't have sex."

"Like you have someone to fuck, Carina," Teddy said with a mocking smile, got out of bed fully dressed and began to tie her hair into a high ponytail.

I rolled my eyes at her words.

"I wouldn't do that ponytail if I were you." I pointed to her neck where you could see a huge hickey that at the moment was red but would be purple after a few hours. "It seems that my little brother was feeling..." I directed the look at Andrea. "Wild."

He couldn't even look at me due to embarrassment, making me laugh.

"Leave him alone," Teddy whispered, but she was blushing too.

"I'm just saying what I see." I moved to another bed still laughing. "Now I'm going to change to start my shift which I hope is more normal than seeing you two in full action."

"Well, you should get yourself some action and let the others enjoy themselves in peace," Andrea protested, putting on his white coat.

"I'm on it," I said, smiling. "I have my eyes on a beautiful blonde."

"Are you going to continue with that? You two only had dinner once and you've talked on the phone a couple of times, Carina. I also told you that single mothers are always crazy." Teddy said, looking at the hickey in a small mirror.

"Things are slow but we'll go out again."

"When exactly will that be?" she asked, looking at me.

I got a little nervous at his gaze. The truth was, I had texted Maya a couple of times after our dinner but the blonde didn't seem too interested in repeating it, she always declined my invitations and after a couple of days she just stopped replying.

I didn't know what I had done wrong.

"She doesn't know," Andrea said laughing. "What you need is to go to a bar and get yourself a woman who does want something with you."