II. The Possibility - All Alone with Another Guy?! (Part 11) Goodbye

+++

Jayna saw the dog and very disgusted.

“Xander I can’t possibly live with that dirty zoooombie!!!” she squealed and shivering.

“Look, girly it isn’t a zombie, it just has few scars and scratches but it wasn’t a ZOMBIE!” Lander explained trying not to be sarcastic.

Still, Jayna screeched up to the highest pitch.

Xander finally decided. “Put the mutt at the trunk…period.”

“WHAT?!” Lander questioned.

Xander just stared at him which means he’ll never change his decision.

+++

“Sorry…buddy…I can’t do anything about it…but I’ll accompany you here!” Lander caressed the dog.

The dog seemed happy. From then Lander accompanied the dog and sleep at the van’s trunk instead. It wasn’t small actually it was big the ammunitions were placed there.

Meanwhile Xander felt a little bit lonely. Yes, because Lander wasn’t bothering him. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, no Lander around, he usually buzzed up to everyone and making their meal alotta h*** but now it’s peaceful.

He thought of being thankful for it but there’s something…something…something…it’s still a but something.

Xander decided to check on Lander. He saw him sleeping in fetal position and hugging the dog. Xander thought, “Stupid…” he went back to his cockpit and got a blanket. He used it to covered Lander and the dog from the cold.

+++

After the roundabouts in X-Zone 14 (Ohio)

“Aaaaahhh!” Lander was screeching. He was huffing. “H-ave you…s-seen…A-alex…” he said in between words.

“Alex?” Jayna and Xander asked.

“The dog!!!” Xander exclaimed.

“No…” They both replied. Lander looked pale. The dog was very important to him even if it was the dirtiest, smelliest, and yuckiest in the whole wide world. He didn’t know why he had such attachment to the mutt. He hurriedly went out to find the dog when Xander halted him.

“L, you shouldn’t have to find that dog…you knew it very well that it was already infected by sci virus (the zombie genetic virus, it happens when a zombie sucked its victim’s blood)…it will die soon…” Xander said.

Lander didn’t listen though he knew it from the beginning but as long as it was alive everything had chances.

+++

Lander looked for the mutt using his aura detector. It was useful since it detects the warm force from the living. Through this gadget he reached a place that seemed like a cemetery.

He stopped upon seeing it.

The past went back. How his family died, his love, and all important person to him perished in this very same place…his home. The place was formerly the Advance Research Facilities for Science where Lander and his family lived in but after the decision of annihilating the sciemers the first to suffer the incident was their place. Lander was saved by Alexander, the person whom he loved dearly but didn’t respond to it until before he died. Alexander had a lovable puppy that Lander liked so much, too.

He was crying but no tears went out, possibly it all gone out.

He saw the dog. It was near at Alexander’s tomb.

+++

Lander approached in but as the time that the dog felt his presence, it growled at him like mad. Its eyes turned red and its flesh became rotten. It became a horrible beast.

The dog attacked him though it acted like biting him, it suddenly stopped and back off. Yet, its appearance was still on attacking position but somehow it was restraining itself.

Then…it strikes again as if it can’t control itself.

“Bang!”

It hit the dog.

Lander looked around it was Xander who secretly followed him.

+++

“I told you not to follow it…” Xander said while dropping his empty gun shell and replacing it with a new one.

Lander did not reply. Instead, he went to the dead dog’s body, caught it and walking away.

“Hey, where you going…we’ll leaving before sunset…” Xander said but Lander didn’t mind him.

Xander was pissed but decided to watch him.

Lander went to the grave of Alexander and started digging up on the tombs left side. After thirty minutes, he posted a boulder and says his last prayer.

+++

“You know…” Lander started to speak, “…that dog was my lover’s beloved pet…I thought it died after the explosion but now I realized it was the puppy…different looks but still the same loyal friend…”

“Lover?!” Xander thought.

Lander looked at Xander with a sad smile.

“I guess this will be it…my destination…is here…wherever I go or run from the past…I will always end up here with my family…”

“Don’t joke around…c’mon…” Xander got Lander’s arms, “…Jayna’s waiting on us.” He followed up. Lander resisted.

“I said I’ll stay here…just what I told you before…until I find my suitable place….and it was here…” Lander said bowing his head, “…Thank you…”

“What the crap, are you say~”

Lander leaned over and kissed him then murmured, “I like you so much…that it hurts when you love someone else…” he turned around then walking off.

“That’s a joke right…coz if not I’ll definitely leave you here!” Xander shouted back.

“It’s not a joke…” Lander smiled and finally said, “…farewell…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++