Welcome Party

Josna's POV

Usha already made my dinner and left by the time i reached home. I took shower, had tea.I was painting the view of my backyard when I heard door bell ring. I washed my hands to answer the door.

I was surprised to see Drew and Jason at the door.

" Hey Jo, won't you invite us inside" Jason said . He started calling me Jo

"Sorry please come in" I said moving inside

They both were carrying boxes, flowers and balloons . I gave them questioning look

"We are here for your welcome party 🎉 " he said excitedly giving me flowers. 

"Thank you, they are beautiful" I said looking at them and put them in vase

I know you don't go clubbing so we thought we will have it in your home. We bought food and some drinks.

He said opening the food. 

Oh god what can I do? They got fish which I'm allergic to and sea food which I can't stand the smell.

"I can guaranty this would be the best seafood you have ever tasted and this is fish curry made by Ferdinand. No one makes better than him" Jason said excitedly and opened alcohol which I won't even dream of touching

Oh god ! They look so excited how can I tell them?

I feel nauseated with seafood smell. 

"Are you ok" Drew asked

Please no alcohol in this house I said looking at the floor.

In fraction of seconds both went out taking alcohol box. I already hurt them about alcohol. I will try to manage with food. In our family we don't even get alcohol inside the home. Everyone eat non veg at home except me. I don't have problem with chicken and lamb but seafood smell I can't stand. That's why they don't even cook in my home. Whenever they want to eat, they go out and eat.

I opened all the windows by the time they came inside.

" I'm vegetarian, but I don't have problem if you eat here" I said smiling . Even though I opened windows seafood smell is so strong.

I put veg food on dining table and asked them to try. They loved it. It was hard for me to eat when the smell is strong but I tried to control. After eating my veg food they served seafood in their plates. 

I couldn't take it anymore and rushed to the restroom holding my mouth.

When I came back they had worried looks

"I'm fine" I said

"You can't stand seafood" Drew asked

I nodded apologetically not wanting to lie. I never lie. Drew looked angry.

"They tried to take the food immediately but I stopped. I will wait inside my bedroom, please finish your dinner" I said 

Drew glared at me and shouted "yes, please go to your bedroom before I say something" I immediately ran to my bedroom controlling my tears. No one raised their voice, here Drew is shouting on me

 After 1 hour I heard Jason knocked my door. I wiped my tears and opened the door.

"Now it's fine, please come out. I'm sorry about Andrew. He is short tempered but very caring."

When I went to living room there was no trace of seafood smell instead lime smell was there. It was soothing. I understood they sprayed room freshener.

Drew still looked angry