Surprise

Jo's POV 

I was holding my phone waiting for Henry's call. Around 6pm he called.

"Hi Jo, how are you? How is your health? Did you eat well?" He bombarded me with questions 

"I'm good, everything is fine here. How are you?" I asked 

"I'm good. I might be busy here, may not call you regularly. Take care of yourself and our baby. Please don't go out unless it's absolutely needed" he said which scared me

"Henry, you are not in trouble right" I asked in fear

"I swear we are not in any kind of problem. I just have something important to deal with, don't worry. Eat properly and take rest. Lay down most of the time. I know you don't like it but follow doctors advice" he said bye 

One thing is clear, Henry is not in trouble but that didn't lessen my worry. I don't know how I'm going to manage living without Henry. One week when I went to India, I couldn't sleep alone. I asked mom to sleep in my room. It was embarrassing to ask her but she understood. From the time I barely remember I sleep alone in my own room, never let anyone. When I was kid mom insisted to sleep in my room when I was sick but I was very stubborn.

Without Henry i don't feel good, can't even put in words how I feel. I slept with so much difficulty.

Christi came next day itself. I didn't have any work except attending some meetings that too in video conference. Christi was there all the time, she took break from work till Henry and Judson return. So sweet of her. 

I haven't seen or heard from Kathy. Every day Henry calls me but I feel he is distancing himself from me.  He is not himself, I couldn't pinpoint exactly. Maybe my imagination since he is away from me. He would be busy and tired with work.

After three weeks Henry said he would be coming tomorrow. I cried in happiness. I wanted to go to airport but Henry disagreed. Even Jason didn't go, he had meeting in LA. 

Henry didn't call me after landing, didn't even take my calls. I was scared but told my heart that he might be busy with security check. Even after two hours of landing, he didn't call me or take my calls. It scared me to death.

I called Judson, luckily he took my call

"Jo, don't worry we are ok, I will call you back" he said 

"Judson, wait..."

'Dr. Richardson, Mr. Hansford's breathing is accelerated' I heard someone say

What happened to Henry? 

"Judson what's wrong with Henry" I shouted 

"I'm coming" I heard Judson say

"Judson, what happened to Henry" I asked but no reply. He totally forgot I'm on the line 

I felt ground crashing under me. God! Please save Henry, I can't live without him. I took keys and got into the car and drove to Judson's hospital. I barely heard security calling my name. I rushed inside and asked the reception. They said room no. 305. They know me well as Judson's friend. I rushed to the room, it was closed. I'm scared to open. I closed my eyes and prayed to God. "Please keep Henry safe, I would never ask you for anything"

I slowly opened the door. Henry is laying on the bed with IV line connected to his arm. There is bandage on his arm and leg. 

I rushed to his side. He loves driving fast that doesn't mean he would put himself in danger. When I'm with him, he drives slowly but in my absence he drives fast. Many times Jason complained. I too told him several times. I'm mad at him right now.

"Can't you drive carefully. What if something happens to you. You know how long I have been waiting to see you. Is this how I see? I was scared to death when I heard what happened to you. I will die if something happens to you. I love you and I can't live without you. Promise me that you won't do this to me again" i confessed. My tears are not stopping though I don't want to cry in front of Henry

"I know Jo. I'm sorry, I will never leave you again" he said kissing my forehead

I was stunned hearing his voice. Then I looked into his eyes, it's not my Henry. I looked to the door and saw Henry standing at the door with hurt and unreadable expressions.