Unpleasant Encounter

Josna POV

I'm getting used to this life without my family, becoming more independent. Of course Jason and Judson are my family here, protective. Drew is protective and possessive but gives me space. He is being true friend.

Drew is taking therapy for anger issues. I can see it successful. He became very close to Pa. Sometimes I wonder if he is my grandpa or his. Pa tease me that I'm jealous for the 1st time in life. I never had reasons before.

I'm enjoying my work. Most of my team mates became close to me with few exceptions like Travis who irritates me with advances. Sometimes Drew looses his control on Travis but I calm him down.

Jason proposed to Kathy. They are in relation now. Judson is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Christi. We all get along well and hang out most of the weekends but I give the couples personal space. Drew is single and he spends more time with me. He stopped drinking. He loves all kinds of chicken made by Usha and likes some of the veg dishes too especially breakfast. Everyday we eat breakfast together. 

He stopped eating fish, even his favorite fish curry made by Ferdu. Yes you heard me right.

One day we were eating lunch together, by mistake my food got mixed with his fish curry. I get severe anaphylactic reaction to that. 

Flashback

We were eating lunch. Suddenly I started feeling breathless, palpitations, sweating, dizzy and realized my food is contaminated with fish. Drew was scared seeing me not understanding what is happening to me.

With so much difficulty I said fish... epinephrine... handbag... My handbag was at my desk and were eating in Drew's cabin. Lucky for me he understood and ran to get my bag. I don't remember anything after that. When I woke up, I was on sofa. Drew and Judson were sitting in chairs in front of me.

"How are you feeling" they both asked

"Better, thank you for understanding quickly and saving my life" I said looking at Drew

"Thank Judson, he is the one who insisted on learning basic things that come in handy saving others. I was not interested at that time but I feel grateful" Drew said

"See I told, you would thank me one day" Judson said

"Why didn't you tell about fish allergy? I thought you can't stand seafood smell. Since this is fresh water fish you would be ok with it?" Drew asked

"Sorry, I didn't think this would happen. You love fish so I didn't want to tell. How did it get mixed with my food?" I asked puzzled

"Steph (Drew's PA) used same spatula to serve your food. I was surprised she is alive, though Drew fired her" Judson smiled

"It's a mistake, she didn't do it intentionally" I said though I actually dislike her. She looks at me with disgust, hatred and even speaks as if I'm a gold digger bitch. I never mentioned this to anyone.

"She very well knows you are pure vegetarian, how can she do that. That's unforgivable" Drew said.

"I hope you didn't put her in black list" though I don't like her, can't be reason for ruining her career

"If I was old Drew I would have made sure she wouldn't even find waitress job in this country" he said seriously 

End of Flashback 

After that day he never touched fish. When I tried to persuade him, he said " I remember you laying unconscious whenever I see that. What would you do if you were in my place?" I couldn't argue after that.

Today I don't know why I feel something bad is going to happen. Jason took Kathy on date since it's her birthday. Drew is in LA for meeting with client. He will be back by evening 

It was almost 5pm. I was about to wrap my work when Nancy requested if I can finish her work as her boyfriend came to surprise her. I agreed

I looked at her work. It takes hardly 1 hour so I decided to finish before going. I was engrossed in my work when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Travis.

Immediately I got up from my seat pushing his hand. All the papers from my file fell down. I knocked something when I got up with jerk.

"What the hell are you doing Travis" I shouted

"Hey sexy, been waiting for this opportunity for long. Let's have some fun" he said approaching me

I looked around and found the floor empty as if he planned

"Yes I planned this" he said laughing evilly

"Drew won't leave you" I threatened 

"What can he do after I had fun. My uncle is investor in this company and I'm the only heir of him and dad. No one can touch me. I'm richer and handsome and better in bed than Drew. The moment I saw, I wanted you in my bed. You are so beautiful,(hearing beautiful from his mouth feels like insult rather than compliment)  sexy. You are always with Jason or Drew. They are not here today. I know Nancy's boyfriend, I asked him to take out her out. I know you are a fool when it comes to helping others and can't resist finishing work." he said coming dangerously close to me

He disgusts me. 

He pinned me to wall holding both my wrists and tried to kiss me. I kicked him where sun never shine and ran away taking my purse.

He thought of me too weak and naive. He underestimated me. So it was easy to escape. While running I hit my arm in door and tore my dress. It pained me so much but that didn't stop me.

I don't know how I reached home. I still feel him hovering over me and his disgusting touch. As soon as reached home I took shower and threw that dress in the trash. It didn't calm me. I feel disgusted. I feel I became impure with his touch. I sat on bed  crying,  hugging my knees.

When I opened my eyes, I was on hospital bed with IV attached to my arm. Drew holding my hand sitting on my bed and Jason and Judson sitting on chairs opposite side.

They had worried looks.

What happened? Why am I here? For how long? I asked

Usually hospital and needles scare me but today I feel safe and comfortable with these 3 people even in hospital, after my encounter with Travis. That memory brought goosebumps and tears.

"Shh! You are safe, no one will touch you" Drew said. Jason and Judson simply nodded as if they couldn't find words. All of them  has tears in their eyes. Did they know what happened with me?