Incomplete

Jo's POV 

Hunger pains and strong kicks from my little one woke me up. I looked at the clock, it's quarter past noon. I looked at phone, there are no messages or calls from Henry. He would be still in the flight. I went downstairs after doing morning chores and ate my brunch. Its early morning in India, everyone would be sleeping. 

I sat in the swing in back porch and closed my eyes, the image of Henry kissing my baby sitting on his knees flashed my eyes. That image looked so beautiful, perfect. I wanted to see it again and again. I decided to make painting of that image, immediately I grabbed my art supplies and started to paint. 

I looked at the picture, it felt so good but something is missing 

"That's beautiful Jo, perfect family picture" Jason's voice brought me out of my thoughts. He handed me juice while he is drinking coffee

"Thank you" I said 

"I'm happy seeing you paint, I was scared you would be crying. Judson specifically mentioned stress is not good for you. Don't worry everything will be fine" he said 

"I don't know why, since I woke up Drew is in my mind. I feel this picture isn't complete. Drew is my friend, Henry's brother. He should have been there in our happiness. I wish Drew is alive, he would have been happy seeing me with Henry. He was scared that I would marry Indian and get settled in India.

 After I came to know about Drew's death, none of you spoke to me about him.

You and Judson are close to me but you both were busy with Kathy and Christi. Drew was there with me like a shadow, I never felt away from home. I miss Drew so much especially when I have something to share happiness or sadness.

When Drew went to Australia, I felt suffocated. I thought he was angry with me. I felt guilty that I was the reason he was away. Sometimes I used to get angry on Drew for not forgiving me and making all of us suffer. I thought why was he angry for simple thing? Why couldn't he forget and forgive me?

I didn't know he suffered so much because of the guilt. Now I realize my suffering was nothing compared to what he underwent. Wish I knew, I would have talked to him. I would have told him 'you didn't do anything wrong, you saved my life. Don't feel guilty, forget everything. I want my friend back'

I would never get chance to tell that. You and Judson treat me like a baby sister. Drew is the first and only friend in my life. I could never forget him, no one could fill that space. He is the reason I'm alive today" I said sadly 

"I used to think you and Drew love each other, how wrong I was?" Jason said 

"Really? No way Jason, I can never see Drew like that. He would be my friend always. Biologically Drew is the father of my baby but that thought never got into my head. Even if was alive I wouldn't have married Drew, that's insulting our friendship and marriage. 

It might sound strange but I feel Henry is the father of my child from the day of my Mehandi function. Before that I felt it's my baby alone, not even once I had the feeling it's Drew's" I poured my heart. I never spoke about these feelings with anyone

"Don't think so much Jo, Drew will be there in our memories forever. Those memories should bring smile not sadness. He hates to see you sad" Jason said 

"Hmm... what time flight land" I asked 

"Maybe in an hour, they would call as soon as they reach. Henry would be missing you more. Take rest Jo, it would have taken hours to paint this. Go inside lay down for sometime, Doctor asked you to lay down as much as possible" 

I nodded and went to my bedroom