chapter forty one | regret?

not sure if update notifs went through yesterday, if you've read this chapter you're good to go but incase people haven't seen it, i uploaded it again

"I CAN'T BELIEVE you would be so irresponsible! You're supposed to know better than to fuck a twenty-one year old."

We were in the hospital now. Ronan managed to keep his cool as I explained the situation to him and we made the decision to head to the hospital to figure out what to do next. We talked with the nurse, and they were supposed to come back soon. Ronan barely said a word the drive here, barely said anything since arriving, but I guess he couldn't keep it in anymore.

And I can't believe those words are leaving his mouth.

"You do realise a twenty-one year old man decided that it would be perfectly fine to sleep with your seventeen year old sister, right?" I cut into the conversation so Vi didn't have to face all of the burn. "Yeah, Vi made a string of questionable decisions, but the guy plays an equal - if not bigger - part in all of this."

Carter Pearson: that was his name. Ronan eventually got it out of his sister. I only have to hope he isn't going to find the guy and pulverize him.

Ronan looked at me in disbelief. "I just-" He grunted, turning around with his hands around his neck. "I don't know. I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to keep you safe, Vi. The last thing that's safe is you being with an older guy."

Vi barely said a word. She sat in one of the uncomfortable, blue chairs with his hands around her knees. She quivered, like she was doing this whole time. I could tell she wanted to run out of the examination room when we were talking with the nurse.

"I know I did something stupid, but I can't do anything about that now," she said quietly. "You aren't going to tell Mom and dad, right?"

Ronan looked to me first before answering his sister. "No, I won't." I could see him bite the inside of his cheek. "You came to the two of us for a reason."

"Thank you," Vi croaked.

A woman comes into the waiting room, wearing teal scrubs. She was different than the one we just saw. "Violet Easton." Vi nods, confirming it was her. "And I'm going to assume the two of you are with her." The nurse looks at me and Ronan.

He nods. "I'm her brother."

"I'm just a friend," I clarified.

"Well, its good that you have a support system here with you," the nurse said, giving Vi a comforting smile. "If you would like, we can complete the procedure tonight. There's a few tests we have to run before the actual one, but we do have the time for it."

Vi turns to me. "Can you stay?"

"I-" I looked to her, then to the nurse, then to Ronan. There was a pit in the back of my throat that I couldn't swallow down. "I mean, yeah, I could. I don't have anywhere to go and I don't have work tomorrow morning."

"Asteria, you don't have to-"

"No, I'm fine. I can stay. Really," I assured Ronan. He looked unsure. I turned to the nurse. "I can stay, it's okay."

"Awesome, now if you could follow me, we have to get the ultrasound done first." The nurse gestured for Vi to get up, and she did. "Are both of you coming into the room, or-"

And I realise I just said that I'd stay for Vi, but my stomach churns, butterflies filling it. Going into the room? Being with her for the procedure? There was a rush of emotion coming over me.