chapter forty seven | is it still eloping if you have friends over?

remember to vote on the last chapter and this chapter :]

LAILA, JAMIE AND I receive a pretty cryptic text from Parv at seven in the morning on a very, very sunny July Saturday.

PARV - 7:02AM; Please don't have anything planned for today.

PARV - 7:02AM; I'm coming to pick you up at 8, 8:15 and 8:40. Know which one you are.

Easy. She was going to end up picking me up first. Laila is about fifteen minutes away, and Jamie is at Jiro's place on the other side of town. Do I know exactly why she's picking us up so early? No.

But staring at the text and responses from the others, I realize I have to tell them sooner or later. Or I should, because they're my friends, and they should know my relationship status with my ex. That's how it works, right?

Things have been... moving slowly still. Work keeps me busy. My family keeps me busy. Mom spent a few nights over. There's still no doubt that the divorce was being finalized, but I guess Cas wasn't only going to stay with Dad for the next year and a half.

I guess things were slowly coming back together. It only took a breakup between me and Ronan for that to happen.

I sit on the front porch minutes before eight. Parv still gave no specifics on what was happening, so I wore a semi-nice outfit. Right on the dot, she pulls over, hood down of her silver car. Was it new? I couldn't remember.

"What the hell are you up to?" I asked her while I climb into the passenger seat. "It's the weekend."

"It's a bit of a secret," Parv said with a slick smile. She hits the gas and continues on her trip to pick up the rest of our friends. Just like the drive up to the cabin, for part of the time all I'm doing is stare at the things passing by us.

My mind is elsewhere. I'm sure Parv notices but she doesn't say a thing. Neither does Laila when she gets in. Instead, we start blasting Lover by Taylor Swift.

Now I'm gonna be honest - Parv's go to Taylor Swift album was not Lover. It was folklore or evermore, but this was slightly off character.

We pick up Jamie. She's still growing and Laila has to help her into the car. I think Jamie said her due date was in the beginning of August, so she was in her third trimester. In my head I couldn't even really process that one of us were going to have a kid a few weeks.

"So, are you going to tell us what's going on?" Jamie questioned. Her hand rested on her belly.

"Like I told Aster, it's a surprise."

"Are we taking a trip?" Laila asked. "If so, I need clothes, Parvati Dhar."

I take a closer look at my best friend - specifically her fingers. And I think I might be on to something, because there's definitely a ring on her finger that I've never seen her wear. It wasn't, like, a huge gem but... it's on that finger.

We drive. The wind blows through our hair as we drive down the highway towards Toronto, and soon enough the blue Welcome to Toronto sign passes by us. Parv continues driving well into the city and close to downtown, until she pulls into what I assume is our destination.

Fantasy Farms. A wedding venue.

When she parks, Parv sees all three of us with our jaws dropped. There were a few other cars here and a handful of people we knew, and some of Parv's friends from school. But the hanging question-