CHAPTER 4 | FACETIME

i laid in bed, covers over my head as a scrolled through twitter on my phone. since i had joined the smp, i grew by the thousands, having around 500,000 followers on twitter now. i pulled the drawstrings, tightening the hood on the sweater i was wearing.

it had been a quiet day, nobody was really streaming. i hopped on the smp a few hours ago but only sam, foolish and puffy were on. i talked a bit with puffy, and she helped me grow a small garden in front of my mushroom cottage.

now, I was just lying in bed, watching old tommy VODs as I waited for a notification, ANY notification to ring across my screen and help with my boredom.

as if on queue, a ding came from my phone, coming from an unknown number.

0115 9496 0574 (that's a fake phone number dont even try it LMAOOOO): hey peyton! it's me..

I sat up, curious about who the notification could be. one of the new friends I had made on the smp? so far, i had only given my number to tubbo, niki and dream, since they were the first ones I had met. i clicked on the notification to reveal the full message.

0115 9496 0574

hey peyton! its me tommy, i got ur number from toby.

did you wanna talk to me that badly?

woah, fan behavior.

oh shut up.

it just feels awkward talking to you on discord

its like we're just online friends and nothing more

are we not online friends?

well, id say we're a bit more than that, wouldnt you?

anyways, wanna facetime?

isnt it like 3 am for you?

yeah.

arent you tired?

psssh, im a big man. i never get tired.

sure. whatever you say tomathy innit.

ok, peyTOE

RUDE

that was a good one though.

whatever floats your boat.

INCOMING FACETIME..

bitch boy

ACCEPT                             DECLINE

i click accept eagerly, grinning at the name i had set for tommy.

"HELLO!!" he greets.

i giggle. "hi tommy."

"what are you doing?"

"welll, nothing much. ive been bored the whole day but right now im writing this essay for class."

"oooh, cool. what are you studying in college?"

"tommy, im american, remember? im not in college yet," i say, grinning as i raised my eyebrows at him.

"WHAT??? that's so lame. americans are sooo lame."

I scoff. "speak for yourself. its always rainy and sad in the UK."

"well, it was actually in the 50s earlier so-"

"FIFTYS? Tommy, youre joking."

"what?"

"that's like FREEZING cold."

"eugh. americans are so weird."

we both laugh. "tommy?"

"yeah pey?"

i blush at the nickname, turning away from the camera. only tubbo and niki call me it. "er, what did you mean earlier? when you said we're more than online friends? that's pretty much what we are right? we've never talked off of the internet."

"im gonna be honest, i dont know. its just, you feel less of an online friend and more like a real friend. whenever i call with you it feels like youre here with me, in real life, you know?"

"oh. makes sense." i lean back.

"and hey, maybe one day."

"huh? what do you mean?" I ask.

"you will be here with me."

MADS SPEAKS !!

WOOOOO ANOTHER CHAPTER!! as you can see I kinda renovated the book and stuff, so it looks less messy and like more appealing to the eye, yk? also meetup soon, POG???? im also making a wilbur x reader book soon for my friend so look out for that!! see you soon