CHAPTER 17 | BRIGHTON PALACE PIER

"GET IN THE FUCKING VAN."

"OK OK! if you pressure me ill go slower," nick replied to alex.

"oh fuck you." the group loaded into the car, still a bit wet from the trip at the beach but otherwise ready for the pier. wilbur backed out of the driveway, driving towards the pier as the music blasted at full volume.

the energy in the van was upbeat, obviously, everybody was super excited. me and tommy sat close to eachother, planning out what we'd do when we got there. "oooh, we're totally doing that one," i said as we looked at list of the rides.

"er- are you sure?" he asked.

"yeah, why? are you pussying out? huh tommyinnit?"

"PSSSSH, no. tommyinnit is no pussy. i just didn't want you to get scared. you know. being the caring friend I am."

"sure, sure. whatever you say dickhead," i said, giggling as i ruffled his hair.

"oi! we're here!" wilbur called. we quickly filed out of the car, tripping over eachother, but we were stopped by wilbur before we could run off. "HEY! all of you, get over here," he called as we ran back to him and assembled in a line facing him.

"alright, don't go off alone, I don't give a fuck if it's one person but always stick with somebody, alright? you guys can get dinner yourselves, we won't meet up or anything. when we're heading back, I'll text you. if you need anything, or are like, dying or whatever, text the group chat, you got it?" we all nodded eagerly. "alright, go have fun, you fucking children," he said, grinning as he waved us off.

everybody went and assembled their own little groups, me, tommy, ranboo and toby deciding to go together. as we entered, I took a moment to observe the place. it was beautiful, with the sun already setting, the rainbow lights glowed brightly as we walked through the pier. ranboo held a map in his hands as we looked around.

"where to first?" toby asked.

"hm. we can play games, try to win some prizes," i suggested.

"ohhh, totally. I'm so cracked at winning prizes," ranboo nodded.

"oh, you're on ranboo," tommy grinned. we all sprinted towards the booths. we decided to compete, me and tommy and ranboo and toby. me and tommy went for the ring toss, while ranboo and toby played a game where you threw a dart to pop some balloons.

"COME ON TOMMY, ITS NOT THAT HARD!" i yelled at him as he struggled to get the ring on.

"IM TRYING PEY! ITS FUCKING RIGGED!"

"oh, fucking give me this," i said, grabbing the ring out of his hands. i tossed it, and it slid easily onto the bottle. i cheered. "THATS HOW ITS FUCKING DONE TOMMYINNIT!" i laughed at him.

"ok, I admit, that was good," he laughed. i smiled, turning back to the worker for my prize. the worker, who looked about our age, was holding a stopwatch in his hand.

he looked blankly at us. he seemed a bit tired, not even wanting to be there. "sorry."

"what?" I asked.

"you ran out of time before you got it on."

"WHAT?"

"it's fine pey, come on, ranboo and toby probably didn't win anything either," tommy scoffed, pulling me away before I could punch the guy in the face.

he was wrong. when we met back up with toby and ranboo, their arms were filled with tickets and prizes.

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"like, i said. cracked." you could see ranboo smirking through his mask, tubbo jumping excitedly beside him.

"CHEATERS! CHEATERS!" tommy pointed accusingly at them.

"YEAH! CHEATERS! WE'RE TOO GOOD FOR CHEATERS, COME ON TOMMY." i narrowed my eyes and toby and ranboo, grabbing tommys hand and dragging him away.

"hey pey," tommy interrupted. i turned to him. he signaled towards a booth, one where you had to knock down bottles with a ball. but that wasn't what was special about it. it was what was on the walls behind it. tommy grinned, noting my excitement. "don't think i forgot."

ASTER SPEAKS !!

this is kinda short but dw I wanna split the carnival into multiple chapters so it doesn't seem too chunky!! also im thinking of faster updates so i can finish this book and start some other things, see you guys soon!! oh and happy new year ^_^