CHAPTER 15 | A CHANCE

THE NIGHT BEFORE (TOMMY'S POV):

i sighed when we reached the house, stretching my free arm. as the rest of the group filed out of the car, i turned to pey, who was sleeping soundly on my shoulder.

"hey pey-" i began, before pausing. i took a minute to analyze her. she looked so pretty when she was sleeping, her chocolate brown hair, slightly parted lips... no. what was I thinking? she probably didn't like me back anyways. but for some reason, ive been acting more like an idiot during this trip. i just cant hold back my feelings for her anymore. god, she probably thought I was so weird.

anyways, she seemed to be sleeping soundly. it would've been a shame to wake her up, she seemed so tired earlier. i sighed, making my way out of the car first before grabbing her carefully, trying not to wake her up as i put her on my back.

she budged a bit, but i successfully carried her into the house on my back without waking her up. i stepped into the living room, expecting a wave of teases, but luckily most people were either already asleep soundly in their rooms or too tired to care. most people except wilbur of course.

as I made my way upstairs, he quickly approached me. "tommy?"

"what?" I replied, too tired to really give any emotion.

"are you gonna explain?" wilbur groaned as i gave him a confused look. "THIS! you??? pey???"

"I- look wil, I just didn't want to wake her up."

"sure, sure." wilbur looked at me skeptically. i rolled my eyes and began making my way upstairs.

"tommy." wilbur said, his voice firmer. i turned to him. "when are you gonna tell her?"

"I- wil-"

"tommy you have to. she likes you back. i know it. you have to face your fears before you lose her," i nodded. he smiled. "you got this tommy," and with that wil made his way to our room. i sighed, walking towards peyton's room.

i entered, not even bothering to switch on the light. niki, along with some of the others had passed out on the couch, too tired to even make their way upstairs, so the room was empty when we entered.

sighing, I set peyton down on her bed. when would I tell her? did she actually like me back, or was everyone else lying to me? perhaps id give it a shot. what was the worst that could happen? ruining our friendship. losing her.

my thoughts were interrupted by a soft pulling on my hand. i turned, facing pey who was tugging on my hand.

"tommy. please stay," she murmured softly, barely audible.

"I-" i hesitated, before laying down beside her.

she buried her head in my chest, wrapping her arms around me. i wrapped one arm around her chest, pulling her closer, using the other to pull her head gently towards me.

"goodnight pey," i whispered.

PRESENT DAY (PEYTON'S POV):

i awoke to a gentle ray of sunlight brushing against my face. i breathed in deeply, attempting to reach over for my phone when something stopped me, grasping me tightly. i turned, facing the face of a familiar blonde.

what happened last night? i had absolutely no memories of coming back home. tommy had promised me he'd wake me up, but it appeared he hadn't.

he looked so different when he was sleeping. his eyes were closed, lips slightly parted as strands of messy blonde hair fell across his face. i chuckled lightly, brushing a hair out of his face. suddenly, he began to stir, his soft sky blue eyes opening.

"oh god toms- im sorry, did I wake you up?"

he yawned, "no, it's alright love," he said groggily. his morning voice sounded different, deeper, calmer. i blushed at the nickname. he didn't seem to notice it- he was probably too tired.

"oh, alright," i sighed, cuddling back into his chest as he pulled me in closer. it felt like forever us two were laying in eachother's arms. unfortunately the moment was interrupted by clay calling us down for breakfast.

we both sighed, both disappointed the moment was over. "im gonna go get ready," tommy said softly, stroking my hair once last time before getting up and leaving. i sighed softly, laying in bed for a few seconds before finally deciding to get up.

as I changed, I tried to register what had happened. was it a friend thing? cuddling in bed together? definitely not, at least I didn't think it was. maybe niki was right. maybe he did like me back. maybe we had a chance.

i finished changing and doing my hair before hurrying downstairs. Wilbur had mentioned something about going somewhere special and how nobody shouldn't change, but I didn't want everybody seeing me in ruffled pajamas and messy hair.

once I got downstairs, everybody was already almost finished eating.

"what took you so long?" sapnap inquired.

"i was getting ready," i retorted, grabbing an already cold ego waffle from the toaster.

"sureeeeeeeeeee." karl snickered, leaning over the counter. they probably knew, considering that everybody was giving me teasing looks from the table. i decided to ignore it, sitting down and eating my soggy waffle. soon after, tommy made his way down the stairs dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie. he sat down beside me, his hair smelling like a fresh shower. he smiled at me, pulling out his phone.

"so what's your special plan wil?" ranboo asked, taking a big bite of toast. why he was eating a piece of toast with a fork was an entire different question, but anyways-

"wellll," wil leaned over the counter dramatically. "today... drumroll please," he turned to toby, who quickly began drumming his fingers on the table.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!"

MADS SPEAKS !!

BEACH EPISODE LETS GOOOOO