CHAPTER 5 | AXOLOTFULS..?

at first, we called occasionally. once every week, probably. slowly, we started calling more. twice a week. three times a week. four. five. every other day. eventually, we called every night. it became part of our routines. sure, it fucked up our sleep schedules, but i enjoyed spending time with tommy.

over the following weeks, I had gotten closer with everyone on the smp. me and niki would talk all afternoon about outfits and makeup advice, wilbur taught me a few songs on the guitar, quackity would teach me spanish everytime we streamed together, and ranboo, tubbo and I would play life is strange together, screaming at eachother to make the right choices.

but of course, I got closest with tommy. he was one of the only people id talk to offstream, and I spent practically every hour with him. we'd build things on the smp, play dumb two player mobile games together and even troll on discord servers.

one time tubbo even stumbled upon us on stream building a little dog house for ollie together, saying we were really 'bonding' making quotation marks with his hands.

"uhhh, twelve?"

"WHAT?? how did you guess tommy? you cheated somehow I swear-"

"how could I cheat pey?" he laughed. "besides. twelve's your favorite number. you tell us all the time, since its your birthday."

"arghhhh, you know me to well."

we both laugh. "pey?"

"yeah tommy?"

"what are we gonna do? when we meet I mean."

"huh? you mean like, in real life."

"in real life." he confirms.

"hm. dunno. oooh, we should go to one of those places that double as like, bowling alleys and arcades."

"yeah, totally. id 100% beat you at everything though."

"as if! for your information, I am actually an arcade game pro tomathy."

"sure." he grinned. "we should go to a carnival! you ever been to Brighton pier pey?"

"no actually. ive never been to Brighton, so i don't think that's possible."

"we should go to brighton pier. the rollercoasters there are so fun. and what's your favorite animal again? axo- axoltfuls?"

"axolotls." i correct.

"ill win you a big fat axolotl. then you'll be like, wow tommy! youre my hero tommy! i love you tommy!"

I scoff. "in your dreams." I pause, thinking. "ill appreciate the axolotl though."

"HAH! see!"

i smile softly, turning away from the camera and staring up at my ceiling.

"you like stargazing tommy?"

"er, never actually done it."

"whatttt? its so fun tommy. the stars are always so pretty. we can climb up onto a roof and like bring blankets and pillows."

"is- is that safe?"

"psssh, sure you wimp."

"oh shut up."

i laugh, pick up my phone, lay down, turn to the side and set down my phone against the pillow, yawning.

"tired?" tommy asks.

"yeah, this whole call things been fucking with our sleep schedule, huh?"

"yeah. you should get some sleep pey. you like horrible."

i pretended to act offended, slapping my hand against my chest so hard it kinda hurt. "RUDE!"

"no no no, I didn't mean it THAT way."

i giggle, "im messing with you tommy. but yeah, im probably gonna go to bed now. goodnight, tommy." i settle into my covers, putting the phone against the head of the bed.

i close my eyes, before tommy interrupts.

"pey, you're still on call."

i smile to myself, and im glad it's dark. "i know, tommy." i say, and close my eyes.

MADS SPEAKS !!

a bit of a filler but I LOVE THIS CHAPTERRRR I'm proud of it :)) im thinking two more chapters, one being the introduction of the meetup then a short cute little filler like this one then the meetup!!! be ready :)