CHAPTER 14 | LOVING IS EASY

after the incident, the group decided to grab some pizza, then head to the roller skating rink. we entered to a dim area lit with nothing but colorful, neon lights, rainbow swirl patterns plastered across the walls and floor, and loud indie music pounding throughout the whole area.

"woah," tommy said, looking around.

"I know right, isn't it so cool?" I replied.

"welp, not much I can tell you guys, just don't get killed, don't get in trouble... and don't swear at children," wilbur said, eyeing quackity as he groaned. wilbur had kind of been the chaperone of the whole group, kind of our dad.

i grabbed tommys hand, about to take off before he stopped. "tommy?" i said, staring at him. he was looking into the distance, looking for something. it was kind of hard to see his expression in the dark. was he blushing? or was that just the lights? "are- are you coming?"

"oh- sorry. yeah," he said, turning back to me. weird. i decided to shake it off.

"come on! let's get our skates," i pulled him towards the counter. "two skates please. one medium anddd..." I stared at tommy, looking down at his foot.

"what the hell?" he raised an eyebrow.

"oh shut up." i snickered before turning back to the employee. "a large. one medium and one large." the lady, who was a bit older, thirties perhaps, nodded before turning back and grabbing a pair of skates.

"here you go!" she handed it to us. "you two have fun skating. by the way, you're a very cute couple." i immediately turned red, turning to tommy. again, it was hard to see, but he probably did too, plus it certainly grabbed his attention from his phone.

"oh we're not-" tommy began.

"thank you," I quickly interrupted him, smiling at the lady as I grabbed our skates. it would be weird explaining to her we weren't dating. i didn't want to embarrass her, besides, it was a waste of time. we probably would never see her again. plus, i didn't really know if me and tommy were just friends anymore.

"that was weird," he chuckled.

i looked up at him. he didnt seem that phased. he probably didn't like me like that anyways. i shook my head, trying to forget it.

"yeah, weird, right?" i laughed awkwardly. who cared if he didn't like me back? me and tommy were best friends. why would I want more? i couldn't ruin what I already had with my stupid feelings. "come on," i pulled him along towards the rink.

we found a bench just around the rim and sat down to put on our skates. "pey?" tommy said blankly, staring down at his skates.

"tommy?" i said back.

"I don't- I don't actually..." he said quietly. "I don't actually know how to skate."

i laughed, standing up. "tommy! that's nothing to be ashamed about, why didn't you just tell me?" I offered a hand to him as he looked up. "don't worry, you've got the best skating pro around to teach you. come on," i said.

he hesitated, before finally taking my hand. he immediately wobbled, his free arm flailing around. i quickly grabbed him, arms around his stomach with his hands on my shoulders. i blushed, before we both pulled away. he grabbed my arm as we skated slowly towards the rink.

"see! you got it! it's not that hard," i said, giggling as he skated cautiously, still latching tightly onto my arm.

"pey, this is the opposite of easy," he retorted as a i giggled.

eventually, he got the hang of it, still hanging onto my arm, but not as tightly. everyone else had found their own things to do, tubbo doing a few tricks as ranboo watched, wilbur and niki skating peacefully, and clay, nick, karl and alex racing eachother as they forced george to be their referee.