E i g h t

"Oh-my-fucking-god!" I exclaim as I open my eyes, pulling my pounding head away from where it was previously resting on Kaylee's shoulder- speaking of Kaylee, she groans, pulling the blanket between us over her head as she shields her eyes from the blinding light shining through our large windows. "What time is it Kaylee?" I question, letting my eyes shut as I nudge her shoulder.

"I don't know," She says quietly, "What time is it, Kris?"

"I can't believe I drank last night."

"I can't believe how much you drank last night." She agrees, "God I bet you're having the worst hangover ever."

I glare at her covered head before I pull off the blanket, watching in slight amusement as she acts like a witch in water, half screaming as she covers her face, "I'm telling my mother you got me drunk, you'll be on her blacklist for life." I exaggerate, laughing as she looks at me shocked.

"But I love your mother." She says, her eyes sad and pleading. When I burst into laughter her expression breaks as she glares at me, standing up. "You want coffee?" Kaylee asks me, her voice getting lower as she walks closer to the kitchen.

I yell a 'yes' as I look between the couch cushions for my phone, finally finding it wrapped up in the blanket. As I scroll through my phone I find texts from such contacts as; Jenna, My mom, and...Kieron? I quickly click on his contact, eager to find out what he has to say to me since he almost never texts me. 'How's Kaylee doing?' I read his message in my head, squinting at the screen before glancing at the arcway my friend just walked through.

"Hey Kayls?" I question, swinging around the exposed pipe, painted white almost blending into the white walls, as I enter the kitchen.

"Hey Kris." She states back, her back turned to me as I sit on the stool seated at the island counter.

"Do you know why Kieron texted me asking how you were feeling, as if you were upset about something?" I question, my voice hinting.

Her whole body tenses slightly, but when she twirls around to place a cup of coffee in front of me, her face only shows a calm collected demeanour, her voice even calmer, steady almost, "Oh yeah, well we had a little fight, don't worry about it. Cream or sugar?"

"What was it about?" I ask innocently.

She gives me a serious look before her look softens as she sips from her drink, "So you got plans today?"

I sigh, letting go of my need to get involved with their relationship, "No, what did you have in mind?"

"Well I got a text last night from Maia- I must have given her my number when I was wasted- but she wanted me to give you her number and tell you to text her." She explains, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"What does that have to do with my open day?" I ask simply.

"You are obviously nervous about what this girl thinks of you and your lesbianism, go, talk to her." She replies easily, sipping her coffee as if she hadn't just made up a word.

I sip the dark coffee, scrunching my face up at the bitter taste. Kaylee, seeing this, pauses the conversation by turning and pulling cream out of the fridge before pushing it towards me and gesturing for me to speak. "What if she doesn't accept who I am?" I ask, honestly worried about Kaylee's answer.

"Then fuck her, you don't need her." Kaylee half yells, her voice laced with honesty and confidence.

"You don't get it Kaylee, I feel good just being around her, it feels so fucking right" I say, trying to explain my feelings; something I'm not historically good at.

"You've known her for less than a week." She states slowly, making me roll my eyes.

"How did it feel for you the first time you talked to Kieron?"

She stutters over her answer and for a split second I think she might open up to me but then she's shifting the topic back to me, "Are you suggesting she's your Kieron? Kris, she has a boyfriend."

I roll my eyes again, but I'm utterly aware of the truth behind her words, "I know tons of people that dated guys even though they liked girls."

Kaylee raises one eyebrow as an amused expression falls onto her face and one thing clear in my mind, 'I'm not gonna like what she says next', "Who are these 'tons of people', you have two friends, three tops." I was right.

"Shut up." I reply weakly, groaning as Kaylee begins to laugh loudly- too loudly- we receive a loud bang on the wall we share with the next room making Kaylee quiet as she looks at me even more amused as she holds her laughs back. "Seriously Kayls, what if she's a homophobic asshole."

She doesn't reply, instead just looking at her phone and typing before my phone rings with a text message. I open the message she sent, being met with a new number, as I look back meeting Kaylee's eyes she gives me a mostly serious look, "Only one way to find out."