chapter 7

" Thoughts of you and me keep passing by, like ships in the night, we never collide

" Thoughts of you and me keep passing by, like ships in the night, we never collide." - Jack&Jack

3rd person pov~

Joohyun felt it.

That tingling feelings, just like when she was about to receive her exam papers. That kind of nervousness. 

She doesn't recalled that by just standing in front of the door of her neighbour could be this thrilling. She shook away all negative thoughts and rang the bell, patiently waiting for the person inside to open the door.

Just then, she heard a loud screams following with a click as the door swung opened, revealing the person she least expected to be there.

" I-Irene?" The latter muttered in surprised though didn't go unnoticed by the girl in front of her. Joohyun raised her eyebrows and questioned the girl in cold voice.

" What are you doing here?" 

" I-I-"

" Y/n, who is it?"

Rosé came into a view, nudging her bestfriend, only to notice joohyun after it. " Oh unnie! You're here. Hey dimwit, why aren't you letting her inside?"

Y/n turned to look at her bestfriend with confused face. " I'm sorry, what did you just called me?"

" Tsk." Rosé ignored the latter, assisting joohyun who gladly walked inside, leaving dumbfounded y/n all alone.

Y/n snapped away from her gaze as she began to realise everything. " Oh shit.." She cursed before making her way towards the two girls. She slowly crept behind her bestfriend and took the plates before the latter could grab it.

" Let me set up the table." Y/n insisted and went to the table, meeting a pair of glaring eyes from the older. She gulped in nervous and approached the table which unfortunately was where joohyun currently is.

" What do you want?" Joohyun asked in cold tone, eyes piercing through the latter body. And of course y/n being her usual self, trembling while replying.

" Uhh I-I-The table-Uhhh-I-"

Joohyun scoffed, laughing in her head silently after watching the latter flustered state. Knowing well what y/n was going to say, she gladly moving away from the spot and heading towards rosé and helped the latter with the hot pot.

The whole dinner was quiet. No one dares to open their mouth, not even the usually talkative y/n which made rosé furrowed her eyes in curious. It would be a lie if she said she doesn't saw the tense air between joohyun and her bestfriend.