chapter 14

" I know I'll never meet your expectations, but the picture that you paint of me looks better in your mind

" I know I'll never meet your expectations, but the picture that you paint of me looks better in your mind.." - 5SOS

3rd person pov~

It was fun hanging with y/n. For Irene, she felt very comfortable with the latter despite having the girl annoying her here and there. But in all seriousness, she do enjoyed every seconds. Apart from that, she also has been feeling a little weird lately, especially when she is with y/n.

Maybe it was just the younger sweet gestures or the way the latter protects her that seems to flutter her heart. Maybe because they're still new to friend.

That's what Irene thought, that everything she has for the younger is nothing but a normal admiration.

Still in denial.

Their friendship shocked both group, red velvet and itzy. Wendy couldn't believed her ears while Lia couldn't stop screaming. Both english speaker in their group were too stunned to even move. Seulgi already saw it coming while joy and yeri just shrugged it off, their focus now is on their food.

Y/n quickly denied every assumptions that her friends made and emphasizing the word 'friend' to them. Though she was a bit hurt by saying those words, she still smile and think positively. At least she won't lose the older even as a friend.

Talking about their friendship, their group of friends seems to get well with each other. The fact that right both of the group were sitting next to next table, talking and sometimes teasing each other.

" Aww I hate english.." Joy suddenly said out of nowhere, taking the both english speaker to turn to her. Lia furrowed her eyes in curious while wendy gasping in disbelief. Noticing the stares she has been getting, the latter lifted her left eyebrow in confused.

" What? It's kinda hard you know-"

" No way.."

" Not at all."

Joy groaned in frustration upon hearing those two answers. " Of course you two won't have any problem with it!!" Wendy rolled her eyes at the younger and shrugged it off while Lia only replied back with apologetic looks.

Y/n could only laughed at their remarks before coughing in surprise when someone suddenly pinched her arm. She whined quietly and rubbed her arm while shooting glare at the bear.

" I'm gonna report to jisoo unnie.." She threatened as seulgi stuck out her tongue at the younger. These two have been approximately close these days which make Irene grew more curious. She still thinking about the girl y/n was talking about last time.