chapter 11

" You know you got me in the palm of your hand, but I love those hands

" You know you got me in the palm of your hand, but I love those hands." - LANY

3rd person pov~

It was already saturday, the best day for every student since they can finally relax and hangout with their friends. As usual, yeri, the social butterfly inside their group of friends, asked everyone for a little chilling around the newly cafe.

And as usual, Irene will be the first one to reject it. Not because she doesn't want to be with them. She just usually use that day as a day to study and complete her homework. 

Joy tried to persuade the older but only received a good scold on why they need to prioritize their studies making the taller shut her mouth and gave up. Wendy on the other hand could't do anything. 

Finishing her last physics homework, Irene rearranged her books on table neatly before going to her bed and jumped onto it. She took out her phone and scrolled for new messages, seeing one from yeri that keep spamming her with many desserts.

" Gosh will this kid even stop?" She muttered and got up, feeling need to take a fresh air outside. It's still 2 in the evening, so she has much time to spend alone.

She put on her coat since it was going to be real cold outside before stepping out. As she was about to walk away, she turned to look at the house beside her, sighing in process.

She lifted her legs and continued walking to the park nearby that was just across the road she was in. She mindlessly crossed the road, not noticing the car that was moving fastly towards her.

*screech*

" Aish.." Irene mumbled while seating on the ground. She had her arms supporting her weigh which probably got a few scratches due to the rough road. She stared at her right arm in horror when she saw a blood dripping out of it. Touching it will just make the pain goes worst.

She heard the car door opened as she turned around, ready to complain but stopped when she saw familiar figure.

" Joohyun?" Y/n gasped in surprise and quickly ran towards the older, kneeling down and grabbed her hand softly.

" A-Are you okay?? I'm s-sorry.." The younger was in the verge of tears when she saw the latter state. She cursed herself for driving carelessly and smacked her head.

Upon seeing that, Irene can just giggles silently, feeling the new sight that she saw was somehow adorable to her. Y/n eventually stopped smacking herself and turned to the older with worried eyes.

" Can you stand?"

Irene just nodded her head, trying to stand but fell down back into the younger embrace. She felt heat coming up to her cheeks and her heart quickened when she sensed the warmth of the younger engulfing her.