Dragon Wings

[Dream's POV]

Dream sat on the walls of SMP castle.

Thinking.

It's not something he should do, he often gets so lost in the memories of when he was younger he wouldn't be present mentally for a few hours.  He shuddered as another breeze of the freezing night air hit him, the person that worked for him had given him some info about the Artic Empire.

About an avian boy named Thomas. Dream was sure it was a coincidence there was no way his brother was still alive. His body was not in the house sure but he was never found, a 6 year old boy in a forest all alone would never make it. Especially when said 6 year old was an extremely rare hyrbid.

"Dream? You good buddy?" His brother Sapnap said from behind him.
The prince turned round to face the blaze hybrid.

A fire ball rested camly in his hand, illuminating most of his body. His black hair was extremely messy and a white peice of fabrich was tied around his forehead, it was just visible under his hair. Sapnap's amber eyes were filled with concern.

"I'm ok. Just thinking." he sighed, beggining to fiddle with the edge of his porcelian mask.

"You need to stop doing that. It already has enough cracks in it, not to mention you need to redo that stupid smiley face again." the blaze warned, sitting beside him.

Sometimes it hurt looking at Sapnap. The memory of that day saying goodbye to his parents and Thomas, meeting his 2 best freinds and staying at the palace for a sleepover. Being pulled out of the room they were messing around in only to be told his brother was missing and his parents were dead.

Dream fumbled with the door handle as he came back into Sapnap's bedroom, George was laughing at something probably a joke the youngest of the group made. He still didn't understand how two 10 year olds could stand to be around someone 3 years younger then them.

"Dream you good?" The mooshroom hybrid asked, looking up at him. The boy couldn't breathe, he slid against the wall crumbing onto the ground.

"Dream!" Sapnap yelled, jumping up from where he was sitting on the floor to assist his freind. Dream began sobbing, pressing his hands against his forehead leaning his elbows on his knees.

"They're gone." He whispered just loud enough for the pair to hear him. They knew what he meant. His family was dead. It wasn't uncommon for familys to be assasinated or killed off for simply annoying the wrong person.

With no where else to go, Sapnap's parents adopted him. Welcoming him into the family like it was nothing. Unfortunately for him, Dream stuck out like a sore thumb. The royal family were all blazes and he wasn't. A 10 year old blonde haired, green eyed ender dragon hybrid appearing from what seemed like thin air against black haired, red and amber eyed blazes that were from the same bloodline of leaders obviously caught the attention of the public and unluckily for him the rulers of The SMP went into towns a lot.

The worst part was that they always complimented his eyes. It was always
"Wow your eyes are so green!"
"The rumours are true! Your eyes are as green as emeralds!"
They never pointed out anything else as much as they did his eyes. Dream hated his eyes, his father had the exact same colour. Whenever he would look at himself in the mirror or in photos he could only think about the fact he looked just like his father.

So, the ender dragon hid his eyes. He created a mask, it was like a barrier of saftey and privacy. Very little knew what he looked like under the mask now, it was a privilge to even catch a glimpse of his face. The mask was very simple, a white porcelain oval with a badly drawn smiley face in the middle, he would have to redo it often due to the ink wearing off over time but he always had the guidance of the smile before it.

The public were shocked at Dreams sudden change in appearence, asking why he had done it to which the dragin replied.
"Because I wanted to." It was short and blunt, something you couldn't continue to question. He eventually earned the name of The Smiling Prince which in his opinion sounded quite mysterious.

And he liked it.

"Do you ever think he might be out there Sap?" Dream asked, breaking the comftorble silence between the two.

"Who? Thomas?" His brother responded.

"Yeah. I mean, his body was never found what if some crazy cat lady took him in or something?" The ender dragon continued.

The blaze laughed, taking a few seconds to recollect himself.

"I dunno D, Toms was a smart kid even if he was 6. I doubt he didn't use his manipulitive puppy eyes to get some poor old couple to help him only to wreak havoc." Sapnap chuckled.

"Prime if I found out he didn't thats the day I stop hating the public." The older prince joked, making his brother choke on air.

"Really? You'd go that far?" He teased, poking the masked prince with his free hand.

"Oh absolutely. Tommy was so mischevious, the kid once cried so a woman went to help him and he pick pocketed her!" The prince paused, waiting until Sapnap stopped crying with laughter. "He got away with it too!"

The blaze started choking on air, clutching onto the dragons shoulder to try and steady himself.

At least Dream still had 1 little brother.

_______________________________________

ok some info about the new book, im probably not gonna do it until i finish this one because ill get carried away with it but i do have some notes for it!

this chapter was a pain in the ass to upload.

remember to eat and stay hydrated!

word count: 998