Dark Metal, Dark Memories

They were all dead.

Every single one of them.

Wilbur, Techno, Phil, Ranboo and Tubbo.

All of them dead, and it was his fault.

Why must this happen to him?

[Tommy's POV]

Tommy pulled himself out of his bed, completely numb to the nightmares at this point. He thought that the 3 nights of sweet sunlit dreams meant that the horrifying images of the people he cared about dead would be pushed away to the back of his mind for him to deal with another year. The blonde was still in the same clothes as yesterday, he glanced at the window. It was still dark, not a single star was in sight. The boy sighed as he pushed his way out of his room, he had no clue how long the act of being a loud childish orphan could continue. Well, the orphan part wasn't an act but at this point it might as well be. Phil treated him like his own child, and was going through the process of adopting the blonde.

Tommy didn't understand.

The avian wandered around the castle aimlessly, not even bothering to remember what turns he was taking. A certain door caught his eye, it was built out of the same material of the dining hall door with a label of The Armoury. The handle was built differently to the others, instead of a round silver handle it was  rectangular and gold with a lock underneath it. He rested his hand on the cold metal and pushed, and to his surprise it opened. The blonde stepped into the room anxiously, hoping no one else was in there.

The walls were lined with swords, armour and other weapons. Chests lay next to bows, presumably filled to the brim with arrows. Tommy wandered over to the end of the room, eyes shining with wonder. There at the very bottom were 6 pairs of netherite armour and 6 netherite swords. The blonde picked one up, looking at the shining black metal turning the blade around to inspect it further. There was not a single scratch on it, it looked as though it had never been used. 

He was about to change that.

The avian held the grip of the sword tightly as he left the room, he had no clue where he was but knew his destination. The training grounds, he often saw Techno and Wilbur fighting each other there along with guards too. He knew no one else would be awake judging by how dark it was outside bit that didn't matter they had these wooden dummies. 

Cold night air hit his face. Tommy didn't even know when he had gotten there but he didn't care, the boy made a beeline for the dummy. The avian put himself into a fighting stance and began to slash at it, watching as the sword made clean cuts through the material with ease. The blonde let out a shocked gasp after he almost cut the head straight off, nearly dropping the netherite sword in the process.

This was awesome.

He didn't know how long he beat at the useless dummy, practically chopping the poor thing into pieces, he could feel the morning rays fall onto his face yet he continued to bash at it. 

Tommy felt like a forest fire. A controlled one that turned violent. A fire once cherished for what it had done to help but became harmful, destroying everyone and everything in it's path. Sure, right now the boy was something the royal family adored but soon enough he would become simply an annoyance to them. Like he was to everyone else. Like he was to him.

"Dad!" An 8 year old Tommy called, piece of paper waving wildly in his hand. His dad glanced at him and sighed.

"What?" He asked, tone indicating he was frustrated. 

"Look what I drew!" The boy beamed, holding up a badly drawn picture of the pair.

His father took it from his hands, looking over it.

The avian watched in horror as he tore the thing he worked so hard on into pieces.

"I don't have time for these games Thomas!" The man yelled, slamming his fist onto the oak table. The blonde flinched.

"Pack your things boy, your not staying here anymore." He huffed, finally pushed over the edge by the avian, turning his back on a sniffling boy.

It was his birthday next week.

Why couldn't Tommy of just behaved for 1 more week?

The blonde swung the netherite blade as hard as he could directly into the dummy's neck, finally taking it off. The wooden head bounced off the ground, rolling until it hit another one of it's kind. He kept stabbing it, there was no way it would recover from this.

The blade struck the centre of the dummy, halting it. Tommy fell to his knees, still holding onto the handle. 

He wanted to be in a dreamless sleep forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

so much for character development am i right?????? i do think ill involve our lord and saviour awesamdude soon but until then sadinnit. also the dude who fostered 8 year olf tommy is no one in the smp because it wouldnt make sense. its almost 1AM i need to start getting these chapters done at better times.

remember to eat and stay hydrated!

word count: 891