Chapter Two: Belligerence

You:

You trailed behind your Dad and sister, absentmindedly fiddling with the playlist on your phone. You guys were going shopping for new shoes, and even though you wanted new shoes, you didn't love shopping... so you were trying to zone out on your headphones as you guys walked to the city bus stop.

When you got to the bus stop, you sat with your Dad and sister on the bench, causing your short jean skirt to ride up even higher on your thighs. Your Dad noticed this and gave you a sidelong look. "Pretty short, Sweetie."

"Daaaaad, STOP it's in fashion, okay? And I'm 18 now so you can't say anything to me anymore, I'm an adult now."

"Your shirt is too short, too," he glared at your exposed midriff.

"It's called a crop-top, Dad, it's in fashion, okay? Take it easy."

"You are asking to be taken advantage of, wearing that." He said, upset.

You rolled your eyes.

"Dad, how old fashioned can you be? Girls are never asking to be taken advantage of. If a guy is a predator that is always on them and never on the girl."

"Okay but you look..." your Dad looked you up and down, eyes narrowing as he moved over your short ripped jean skirt, your short crop top that betrayed skin along your waist as you moved... He wasn't able to articulate an end to the sentence and scowled and looked away.

You turned up the music to tune him out. But before you could even relax, your sister Nala was pulling on your arm. "Jesus, what?" you said, taking out one of the ear buds.

"What are you listening to?" Nala asked.

"Belligerence."

"OMG they are so hot. Jimin is your bias, right? I think Jungkook is my bias. It makes sense because you are almost Jimin's age and I'm almost Jungkook's age." You looked at her quizzically, she was 16, Jungkook was 18... Jimin and Taehyung were 20.

"I'M Jungkook's age, Nala..."

"Can I have one ear bud?" she wasn't listening. She always wanted to think of herself as older.

You stared at her, annoyed, but ended up handing one of your ear buds over to her and turning Belligerence up even more. Soon the two of you were bopping along to the music as you waited for the bus.

********************************

Author Note:

Next tomorrow, please vote and follow if you are enjoying!