Fume of distrust

Sweat all over the face. Smelly heat every morning that threw him out of his bed.

This dream; these scenes that didn't let him finally rest.

This battlefield, this carnage, that isn't a normal dream and he knew it. Back then before the events in the DEM main building already, and now even near the Itsuka residence.

-

An opponent, in shining armor, almost as if made of crystals, impossible to tame.

And just before the awakening, the same horrible cliffhanger.

-

Since [Y/N] now discovered his power, or rather it was unlocked, now almost 13 days have passed. It was bumpy at the beginning; the new lifestyle with extraordinary beings called "Spirits". But [Y/N] slowly came to terms with it. Itsuka Shido, the one who can seal these beings with just the touch of both lips, hard to believe but true.

In these beings, strangely enough they were only girls, are crystals sealed called "Sephira", these gave the girls incredible powers, which in the wrong hands could turn out to be weapons of even greatly mass destruction.

Besides Deux Ex Machina, the large corporation whose own formation of Sephira crystals was possible, there was another organization called Ratatoskr. While DEM was engaged in capturing the Spirits and using them for violent experiments, Ratatoskr had the opposite in mind. When Kotori, Itsuka Shido's sister, explained this situation to [Y/N], he was flabbergasted.

He had no idea what kind of war layed, of the city in a caldera, Tenguu City.

At first, all the new people were a little suspicious of the boy. But this disappeared in a few days, they began to welcome and approve of him. On the one hand it made [Y/N] happy, on the other hand he was often very melancholic.

He was aware that he was missing something, but slowly he came close to the end. But this also made him immensely afraid. He thought again of this recurring dream...he was aware of what was happening there, so he made it his mission that THIS will not happen. Never.

-

While Shido and some of the girls went to school, [Y/N] spent time perfecting his powers. Even if it was just the simple operation of electronic devices which was ironic, it was still extraordinary.

In his apartment, he looked through the window, which had a look of a beautiful view. Unbelievable that Shido could afford such places, he thought, but remembered that Ratatoskr might get them hands into that.

He raised his left hand and saw the vein-like threads of light running through his entire arm. These disappeared after a few seconds after his power manifested. Like a kind of current flow, which flickered briefly when switched on. Well, since it is literally electricity, it was easy to understand. Still, under heavy load, it could all backfire badly. This was clear to him.

-

But after all the training, he was able to control these shock forces well. In the worst case, he might have to use them against others, which is why he started strengthening them in the first place, so nothing get wrong.

Who knows if DEM sent assassins or agents to get him out of there. But for the 2 weeks he's been here now, he hasn't noticed anything. No DEM, and no Kurumi either.

When he thought of that name, a cold shiver ran down his spine, he cringed.

"What? Why am I shivering?" - a new reaction.

The shivering came from his entire upper body, where his other powers lurked.

DEM implanted [Y/N] with the unnamed ,,Shock Sephira"; apart from that, he had another crystal, [Thaumiel]. This one bared an incredible pressure the last time, so that [Y/N]'s own consciousness lost control and struggled wildly.