Inner Chords [Bonus Chapter]

[Y/N] opened his small, sleepy eyes. 

It was dark, pretty dark. Of course, what else should you expect from the night?

It was also quiet as [Y/N] had never heard before. In his father's temple, he always heard the splash of raindrops, or any sound of nature.

That calmed him down at night, distracting him from his worries. 

However, he was not feeling bad at the moment. It was very soft and comfortable.  A bit too cozy, he thought.

He knew where he was. In Kurumi's large four-poster bed, covered by a very very large and fluffy blanket.

He giggled softly at this sight.

Kurumi does not seem to have that many visits. That's why he felt so welcome when he entered the big door.

It was just a coincidence that he had found Kurumi in this predicament.

But only the back of his mind thought that.  In fact, he likes it very much with them, with Kurumi he felt safe for some reason.

[Y/N] does not have many friends, or rather he does not want any. Very bad to think such a thing at such a young age, but he gets along so well alone.

His father teaches him everything, he loves [Y/N] very much. Still, he does not have much time to take care of him every time, yet he gives everything....

[Y/N] looked aside to see how Kurumi is doing, most likely because he cares about her as much as his dad did about him.

To his surprise, she sleeps next to him.  Right on him, if you take it exactly. She clings to [Y/N] left arm, with open mouth.

You can hear a small, soft snore from her, but only when you are completely quiet. [Y/N] heart warmed from one hit to the other.

The big blanket, which was actually meant only for [Y/N], clasped the two.

Kurumi had a little plush cat lying next to her, which was now in the middle of the two.

She smelled good too. Her red, innocent eyes made her even more beautiful in the night when they would lit up. A strand of her open hair brushed down on her face. It touched her nose slightly so she started to pucker her face.

[Y/N] noticed this and slowly moved his finger to her face where the strand was hanging.

Before she could somehow wake up through the hair, [Y/N] slowly and carefully stroked it behind her ears, so that it could not bother her anymore.

She stopped grimacing and fell asleep again.

[Y/N] smiled softly and wanted to kiss her forehead. But, somehow it made him feel uncomfortable. Although they do not even know each other for a day, they get along so well. A little creepy, he thought.

It was still quite dark and late at night, so [Y/N] tried to plunge back into the land of dreams.

But just as he closed his eyes again, he saw a small beam of light coming from the direction of the door. In fact, it was the door that opened a bit.

A woman with long black hair looked in.  Although [Y/N] knew that it was Kurumi's mother, he was still frightened. Because of the appearance she looked like Ju-On from The Grudge.

,,Hey, sorry [Y/N] i didn't know you were still awake. Do not panic, i always look for Kurumi because often she has nightmares that plague her for many years."

,,Oh." - he looked at Kurumi, who was still asleep and clinging tighter to his arm, then looked back to her mother. - ,,yes, no problem."

,,Hihi, but i think she's fine so far. That's probably your fault, [Y/N]."

She saw how close she was to [Y/N], and this also warmed her heart.

,,w-what, are you sure?"

She nodded and laughed softly so that Kurumi would not wake up.

,,Yes, in any case, you know....Kurumi does not have many with whom she likes to talk or play, but you are different. You kind of opened her heart and that makes me happy to see."

She changes her smile to a sad face, and continues:

,,I know that comes to you so suddenly and I really don't want to burden you with it, but could you do me a favor [Y/N]?"

,,y-yes." - he continues to listen attentively.

,,....please don't forget her! I think she can't handle it to forget someone like you."

He did not really know what to answer, but he felt obliged to take care of her and protect her.

,,Hey, i know it's all too much for you, you're still young. Think about it, either you break up or you leave her in your heart. We will not be angry with you, she won't i know that."

[Y/N] still did not know what to say. He looked at Kurumi again, who grinned now, probably she is dreaming, still firmly on his arm.

,,Alright, sorry, I'll let you both, see you tomorrow."

,,Yeah, good Night...um?"

Before she could close the door, she stuck in her head again.

,,...and [Y/N], you can call me mom if you want."

This surprised him a lot, but he still smiled at these words.

,,Your father told me little things about you and your family. You are always welcome here and yes....if you want you can see me as your mother, if you know what I mean." - she winked, but still smiled bright."

A tear ran [Y/N] on his cheek, but he smiled inwardly wider than she did.

,,Y-Yes! Good night, mom!" - he smiled at her causing her to blush.

She smiled and chuckled back at him, and closed the door, filling the room back in his darkness.

[Y/N] looked back at Kurumi. Nothing changed. She seems to dream very nice. He lay down again, his face toward Kurumi's.  He smiled gently at her again and closed his eyes, whispering softly:

,,No, I will not forget her! I will not forget all of you, i promise!"