Beauty & The Grim

[Y/N] awoke from his bed with a great shock.

Sweating, he looked around. Nothing. His room was empty.

,,Fuckin Hell." - he whispered.

His head fell back on his pillow and he breathed more slowly. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and stared at the ceiling.

Lost in thought: ,,What the fuck! Was...w-was this a dream. No! It felt so...real.
What are you doing? What does this mean? I have to... talk to her. I have to find her."

In moments, his eyes close and he rests.

-

For half the school day [Y/N] could not calm himself down. His head was buzzing and already hurt.

He had slept for the other half of the school day.

His thoughts swayed between the incidents of this morning and the events of that time. He was thinking about his old family and what happened back then.

[Y/N] was shot down and captured. Kurumi had left him behind. Maybe for her own protection...or maybe for some other reason. Why was she even there in the first place? She didn't just come to his school, within a few days he had such a good relationship with her that it could even be considered "strange".

[Y/N] was brought to the ███ █████ ██ ████████ ██ a short time later and trained as a ███████. His meaning as a ███████ who hunts "spirits" has not been explained to him until today. Sir Westcott is not like a father to him, more like a mentor. Nor is Ellen a mother to him, even if she sometimes behaves like one.

-

The sun set slowly. The red sky spread out and the cold of the night slowly make its appearance. After all, it was already autumn. Wow...it had been that long? ...

Looking down at the ground, [Y/N] strolled across the schoolyard. He threw his bag over his shoulder, sighed and set off for....home?

...
...
...
[bump!]

Someone fell to the ground. [Y/N] was so busy thinking that he didn't realize he had knocked someone over.

"Ugh, he-!" - the person was speaking, wanting attention from [Y/N], but without success.

[Y/N] went on without being disturbed, lingering in thoughts.

Another person who was also there started shouting:

"Hey, you could at least apologize!"

"..." - nothing, from [Y/N].

"HEY." - the person began to walking towards him.

[Y/N] stopped and slowly looked back. He did not look at the person. He sighed again and continued walking.

"Weirdo, I will rebuke him!"

There were 3 people, one girl helped the boy back on his feet. But the third one was furious and angry. The boy, however, held her back.

"No, rather not."

"What? Why, Shido. He knocked you down!"

"Just leave it. I got a bad feeling about this."

The three of them watched [Y/N] disappear into the distance, towards the city.

-

It was a slightly longer way than back then, years ago. [Y/N] wondered why he wouldn't just blow up the whole school, it would be so much easier that way. But no, why make it easy, right?