Floaters

Floaters. To say I hate these is an understatement.

They fly around and try to attach themselves over your head and onto your neck.

I've actually had one attach itself to my neck once, Still have the scars and a story to go along with them. I'll tell it later, but first the details. 

Anyway, floaters. the reason they latch themselves to people is for food. They start dissolving the skin and bone on the jaw so they can eat the bone marrow throughout your entire body.  

The acid Is really strong, the lab geeks are experimenting with making farms for the acid they produce, Flucotic acid. Apparently, they think it can be used as a cheaper alternative for industrial hydrochloric acid for certain things.

The teeth they use to latch onto your neck are pretty damn sharp.  I guess they have to be when they need to hold on to a fully grown man while he's panicking and trying to get it off them.

The host being alive doesn't matter to them, because once they're dead they can let go and start feasting, little bastards.

Their stealth ability is decent but If you keep an ear out you can find them easily, They arent That good at it. If asked I would give these a rating, they would be a "burn it right now" out of ten.

Now for the story, I said I would tell.

I was called around 5 am, as I was sleeping (that's pretty common for the job.) and my boss said there was a floater nest near an elementary school and I needed to clear it out right now.

I got on my motorbike and raced over there as fast as possible. 

Once I get there I see the size of the fucking nest. There are at least 15 of the things, just floating around.

I take the flame thrower off my bike. (I made the flame thrower, the agency didn't issue it to me, even if they did they wanted me to bring a pistol to this.) and started burning them to crisp.

I then started to burn the nest, making sure it was nothing but charcoal. That's when a floater I didn't account for latched onto me. I'm glad I was fast enough on the draw to my knife because once I grabbed it I slid the knife between my throat and the beast and cut the thing off.

At the end of the call I grabbed the floater that got me and took it home, I stuffed it and hung it up on my wall. I get the last laugh fucker. -Void