Gristles

Writhing masses of viscera and flesh, constantly rearranging themselves into different forms that it needs at that moment. No one knows where they come from, which is why these things are so scary. 

We barely know anything about them that we can use against them, we know they have an aversion to fire so we have a weapon but all the other stuff we know is nigh useless, or we just don't have enough information for it to be useful.

We mostly find them in abandoned buildings, mostly industrial ones for some reason. They shamble and slither to where they need to go, making disgusting gurgling noises as they do.

They hunt after any living thing, whether it be animal or human. once it has got the thing in sight it starts moving towards it. don't be fooled by its appearance and size, stealth comes naturally to them. When needed they can condense themselves into a smaller form to minimize presence and sound.

Once they capture and kill their prey they start to take the corpse and integrate it into themselves. making themselves bigger and stronger. Have you ever seen that scene in stranger things with the rats bursting and their meat being added to the pile? It looks like that, but somehow ten times worse.

They seem to have a hatred for people, not just your average hatred though. Pure rage towards us.

We did DNA testing on the meat left behind by them and we found traces of human DNA. Most of them were children. We did some digging and found out they're mostly ones from horrible homes. You know the types, abusive, and just plain hell to live in. I think I have a vague idea of how these are formed. It hasn't been proven though, so i may be off the mark here.

I think they form from children, abused ones. the ones that run away and hide themselves inside abandoned buildings. The thing is since their so young they have no survival experience and die. something happens to them, creating these.

Every now and then you'll find them just sitting alone, crying. Crying out words that long since lost their meaning. If what I think is causing them is indeed correct I pity these most. I know from experience the hardship of growing up in a "less than friendly household" is like.

I always feel horrible when I torch them, but death is better than, well that. -Void