The Growing flesh

When you get called out to something concerning this, you will certainly be dealing with a very heavily infested building. The ones just being infested and caught early are handled by an entirely different branch.

The Growing Flesh finds buildings to inhabit entirely by chance, using its "seeds" to blow around in the wind and land inside suitable locations. They usually grow in abandoned buildings more often due to the fact that the walls, ceiling and other implements gives the vines, (or veins?) more place to grow and hang from.

Throughout the building, you'll find small locations that we consider its "organs" and these are easy to spot due to their large bulbous shapes. The organs are very similar to human organs; with breathing lungs providing oxygen, to hearts pumping blood throughout the entire complex. There is also some organs that are not at all similar to ours, such as the "Lure Nodes" near the ground or near exposed sky for predators or carrion to eat.

The nodes smell like bloody meat, even more so than the rest of it. It uses these Nodes as lures for the carrion and predators to eat and then get captured by the jaws of a secondary organ right above or below it, so it can clamp down on its prey and eat it.

These things also use the sun for nutrients, on places exposed to the sun they develop these leaf like appendages and moss to photosynthesize. 

Even scarier, its intelligent. At least when its big enough. It grows brains, and each communicates with a nervous system of mycelium in the dirt and thin nerves along structures.

When I mean its intelligent I fucking mean it, these things are smarter than you think. Small berry-like eyes are throughout the entire place it's in like security cameras. These things are also parasitic, finding animals that it doesn't eat and infesting them. 

These infested animals are used as defenses for the organism, attacking any unwanted predators that may cause severe harm and bringing their carcasses to the mouths of the organism to feed on. It's like an immune system. But like if your immune system left your body and brought you back food.

The stomachs can also spray its contents at anything it wants to. So if you get near it'll spray stomach acid at you.

There are various other things it can do to defend itself, too many to recount without making this document a fucking thesis.

Wiping a building infested out is a difficult and team-based operation. You can't just walk in and do it yourself, you'll get killed faster than you can scream "Oh Shit."

You'll go in with a team of 5 others, so the 6 of you will be watching each other back from infested creatures, all the while you wear heavy-duty hazmat gear. Those seeds can infest animals, so they can infest you too and you don't wanna have to fight an infested person. Those are a fucking nightmare.

2 of you will have flamethrowers, and the rest of you will have various automatic weapons or other things if the higher-up can't be bothered to do the bare minimum.

If you're one of the burners, some advice ill give is to burn anything that looks important. if its weird and pulsating, burn it. If it's creepy and crawly, burn it. If it's beating, Burn that fucking thing up.

If your arent a burner, protect them. the more you keep them safe the faster you can get out of there. Also if you can, make sure one of you has a shotgun. The things inside don't really have range capabilities so a shotgun will be useful if something gets too close for comfort.

After you're done, the demo crew will come in and demolish the building. Then they'll keep watch around the area and make sure nothing comes back to reseed the area.

Be careful on these, you didn't get hired for a gooping. -Void

(The image is made from artbreeder, if the thing in the bottom right doesn't already tell you lol)