Flame Walkers

I'm not sure these are even sapient or if they are they have to be pretty low on the intelligence score for a monster that I get calls for.

Flame walkers are pretty simple in concept, large, tall, and lanky things wandering around and causing fires, they then breathe in the ash and embers of the fires for food.

If these didn't have the ability to cause a lot of property damage and death or injury then we wouldn't even get calls for these, it just so happens the way they feed can hurt us.

Truth be told I don't like getting these calls, the sound they make when they get hurt makes me feel bad for them. They cry out in pain and I swear every now and then I can hear them say things, asking me to stop.

I think that's in my head though. they don't have vocal cords so I don't think they can speak.

The way you take these down is by shooting out their knees, you have to bring them down to your level since these are at least 30 feet tall. Once you take out their knees they'll fall over and start trying to crawl forward.

At this point, you can just shoot them in the head and be done with it. Once they are dead you should dowse them in water to extinguish the flames emanating from them.

Most hunters don't get these calls because you have to go through a more intensive variant of firefighter training to be eligible to go on them.

Even though I don't like these calls I'll always take them, I've seen the damage these things can cause. It's awful how much damage these things can cause.

Once again I don't have a good story I want to share, well I have a story but I just don't want to share it. -Void