Yggdrasil Groves

You might be wondering why these are called Yggdrasil, and that's easy to explain. They serve a similar purpose.

Yggdrasil trees are unique in the fact that each of them can open a tear in reality and lead into a different Dimension. They work very similarly to Hearts Of Darkness, but instead of a singular dimension, it's a whole swath of various places they can lead to.

Yggdrasil are very rare, less a monster to destroy and a thing to research. Of course a hunter should know about them, some are sent into a dimension that a tree has opened to scope out the place for several reasons. 

One of the most important reasons is resources, the world may be under constant threat of monsters and other scary things, but one of our biggest threats is ourselves. Finding a new way to generate power or other important resources is a high priority. 

Each Dimension a tree opens is entirely different, and it would take too long to get into them. But each tree leads to a different dimension and can vary widely. 

The trees themselves arent that special, well besides being portals to other realms. They're standard large trees, and at the base of each tree is a door that leads to another Dimension. Kinda like the holiday trees from nightmare before Christmas, speaking of which. That was a really good movie. Shit I'm gonna need to rewatch that movie... -Void